The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

E85 35psi 678hp/496tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBoz

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2004
Riverside, California
Just back from the dyno, and E85 is awesome. I am having a lot of fun with the fuel. The car is making as much power if not more power than it was on q16. I just upgraded to FIC 2150cc injectors. The injectors are awesome, they were very easy to tune. Hell the car ran really well when I put them in.

FSR Motorsport Creations provided the dyno. These guys are awesome, and I was only 3hp away from breaking there dyno record.

So I ran out of fuel pump. I am running a single Bosch 044 pump with a base pressure of 42psi.

I have have a link up to the CAL and the logs in a few hours along with a link to a video.

37r
2150cc
35psi

Timing:
Peek Torque: -1 degree
Peek RPM: 12.88

I think the motor can handle more timing but since I am out of fuel I will never know :).

Video:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
GVR4 35psi E85 678/496

Link to the log file and the cal:
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php/topic,26972.msg138019.html

FSR Motorsport Creations
FSR Motorsport Creations

Dyno Graph:

Attachments

• 21-678.jpg
    21-678.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:
Nice numbers congrats! Are you running the FIC easy tune? Just wondering because I would think with that high of a base fuel pressure and those injectors driveability I think would suffer....

:thumb: How did you realize you were out of pump? Did you go suddenly lean? Also is your 044 rewired? The highest i've run so far is 33psi on my T4 T67dbb and I have not noticed anything weird, but my pump is wired. I'm also at 43.5psi base.

:thumb: How did you realize you were out of pump? Did you go suddenly lean? Also is your 044 rewired? The highest i've run so far is 33psi on my T4 T67dbb and I have not noticed anything weird, but my pump is wired. I'm also at 43.5psi base.

Once I started to get up to 8700rpm the car started to lean out pretty good. So that is how I know I am out of pump. THat is the exact same thing that happened before I rewired the fuel pump.

So yes the pump is rewired. It is a single intank bosch 044.

I take it you fixed your knock issues?

Yes, in order to get the knock under control, my car likes to be in the 11.8-11.9 ARF area.

When we were on the dyno, I did not play with the timing very much, just kinda got to a good power level and called it. I am trying to hit the tracknext weekend. After that I will put in anohter bosch 044 and lean on the car.

I might do a bosch 040 intank and then the bosch 044 inline.

Injector duty cycles were about 70% So I have enough overhead for up to 42psi. Where is where I am trying to get.

Nice numbers congrats! Are you running the FIC easy tune? Just wondering because I would think with that high of a base fuel pressure and those injectors driveability I think would suffer....

On the FIC 2150cc injectors you do not need an easy tune box. The injectors are awesome. They are even better than my BlueMax 1350cc injectors.

I would recommend that anyone doing e85 just run these. Do not waste your money on any other injector. They are that good. Part throttle was awesome, idle is wonderful, everything just kicked a lot of ass. I am soooooo happy with them. They are worth the money.

Are you still running this turbo in the bolt-on FP housing?

Yes.

I built my own forward facing turbo manifold, but it does have a DSM style flange on the turbo. So it is the DSM 88HTA is the exact turbo.

Pic of engine bay:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nice looking setup! Got plans to switch it out of that housing and run a T4?

I am going to be moving on up to an evo soon. So no real big plans on the turbo for now. I will run this same setup on the evo also, and once the turbo is done I will switch to the HTA 3586.

I think that I can make atleast another 100whp on this turbo. I am only at 35psi and I know the car has more timing in it as it sits. So 7 more psi and more timing I should be close to high 700-800whp. Which is where I would love to be. I also would like to see the torque in the 600+ range.

Very nice numbers. Looks like your running an OEM alternator? I couldnt hold voltage in the rpms for the life of me before I upgraded to a saturn alternator (160amp), it would drop so low, into the low 12s and high 11's under boost on my car and misfire. I guess your having better luck? Reason im saying this is becuase fuel pump output is directly effected by voltage, the more voltage, the more capacity. I bet you'd be able to hit 750+whp by just adding a boost-a-pump to the car. Excellent work. Should trap 140mph with ease.

Yep, I can see the Volts drop off up in the top. Most of the time it is not that bad, and I do not have any serious issues becase of it. However I am going to consider switching out the alt.

Very nice power. E85 is some great fuel and it's at least 10 times cheaper than most any race gas.

You'll love the Evo on a turbo like this. I had a 6262 on my Evo with a built lower. Great power and pretty good torque to be a low compression 2.0. Drivability wasn't too bad either. I got used to it rather quick!

Come to Cali. E85 is right around $2.60-2.70 where I live. The closest shop with race gas sales 100 octane for $55 for a 5 gallon can. 104 octane is about $62 for 5 gallon and 110 is right at $70 for 5 gallon. So I was off, it's about 6-7 times the price here in NorCal. On my Evo, E85 blew my power 104 figures out of the water. I ran out of fuel pump on E85, but on an old setup I did 443whp on 104 @ 29psi and 457whp on E85 at 24psi.

Reason im saying this is becuase fuel pump output is directly effected by voltage, the more voltage, the more capacity. I bet you'd be able to hit 750+whp by just adding a boost-a-pump to the car. Excellent work. Should trap 140mph with ease.
Yes sir. A Kenne Bell boost-a-pump on the car will cure both the fuel and voltage drop problems at once.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back