The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

e39a ZR4 Drift Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So November last year I went and spent the day on the pad with my zr4 at Hampton Downs Raceway. The issues I encounted are.
Car Overheated all day
Factory cable handbrake was shit
The car stalled every time I spun
The outa seals on the power steering rack let go dropping all the power steering fluid

So the first main issue to tackle was the over heating, as I pretty sure this was the easiest. Prior to the track day I was running a afco scirocco style radiator, with some random 12inch fan cable tied to the radiator. So a shroud and more powerfull fan was in order. I brought a sheet of 25mm styrofoam, cut it to the size I wanted my shroud and fiberglassed over it. Then ended up with what was more like a mountain range, As the fibreglass ate the foam. Second time around I covered the foam in cooking tin foil, Worked awsome. The tin foil even peeled of the fibreglass leaving nothing behind. Trimmed it all up jigsawed out the center hole and riveted on the stays to mount to the radiator, Brought a 225w 12inch fan of summit racing. Hopefully over heating issue fixed. It was my first time working with fiberglass so it an't perfect.

Attachments

• Fail.JPG
    Fail.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Finished.JPG
    Finished.JPG
    334.8 KB · Views: 90
  • halfway.JPG
    halfway.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 113
  • dumdup.JPG
    dumdup.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 111
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back