The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

E16G dyno results 422/502

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am waiting to hear back from Boostin on posting a log. If he doesn't want me to make his tune public then I will respect his wishes. I haven't even looked to see what the timing is set at yet but the a/f holds 11.5 rock solid to redline.

As for the external gate... It would be nice to see if that would help hold the boost a little better up top but with the airflow demands of the 2.4 and the mid range power of the 264 cams I can't imagine it would make that much of a difference. If I was trying to break records with this turbo there are things I would have done different but most of my core bolt on parts I bought 5 years ago when I first put my car together.

The only goal I have left with this turbo is to head to the track and try to get a low 11 in full street trim since my car is and always will be true street car. The only weight I have removed is the stuff I wasn't using AC, emissions, rear seats but rear plastics are still installed.

I am waiting to hear back from Boostin on posting a log. If he doesn't want me to make his tune public then I will respect his wishes. I haven't even looked to see what the timing is set at yet but the a/f holds 11.5 rock solid to redline.

As for the external gate... It would be nice to see if that would help hold the boost a little better up top but with the airflow demands of the 2.4 and the mid range power of the 264 cams I can't imagine it would make that much of a difference. If I was trying to break records with this turbo there are things I would have done different but most of my core bolt on parts I bought 5 years ago when I first put my car together.

The only goal I have left with this turbo is to head to the track and try to get a low 11 in full street trim since my car is and always will be true street car. The only weight I have removed is the stuff I wasn't using AC, emissions, rear seats but rear plastics are still installed.

I have tried a few different things recently to improve boost stability. I installed a external tial off the O2 housing and had almost the same boost curve. I recently put on a SMIM and 70mm throttle body to not much success. In the end i can only hold 28-29 psi till 8000rpm. the other day i pulled the vacuum line to the wastegate to give that a shot and still 29psi at 8000rpm.

The TD05H turbine is just too small. I feel if i switch to a TD06Sl2 or bigger i could get over 30psi above 7000rpm. But at that point it is just silly not to switch to a larger turbo.

I have tried a few different things recently to improve boost stability. I installed a external tial off the O2 housing and had almost the same boost curve. I recently put on a SMIM and 70mm throttle body to not much success. In the end i can only hold 28-29 psi till 8000rpm. the other day i pulled the vacuum line to the wastegate to give that a shot and still 29psi at 8000rpm.

The TD05H turbine is just too small. I feel if i switch to a TD06Sl2 or bigger i could get over 30psi above 7000rpm. But at that point it is just silly not to switch to a larger turbo.

Holding that kind of boost to redline with the 16g is very impressive. I couldn't image the power my car would make if I could do that. Are you spiking and falling to 29psi or holding that steady?

If I have the boost controller hooked up it will spike 32psi and fall to 28psi. With the line pulled it spikes to at least 36psi and falls to 29psi. I'm going on the dyno next week so we will see what happens.

You only trapped 119MPH with that horsepower and Torque?

Unless you run a larger tire, it's hard to get a good trap speed out of a turbo that doesn't pull well past 7000 rpms.

grab the next gear, try to keep it closer to peak torque...

And that's on a Mustang dyno. I know it's always tempting to make more power (ask me how I know) but I have to say, that is about perfect for a reliable street driven DSM. I'd have a hard time wanting to go past that point for the sake of driveability/reliability.

Great combo man.

Are these numbers on pump gas or E85?

E-85

You only trapped 119MPH with that horsepower and Torque?

My best trap to date is 121 and that was with a passenger. I am having trouble getting traction on street tires with all the low rpm torque. Thinking about launching as low a 3k next time I'm at the track. Also I am no professional drag racer. I've maybe made 20 trips down the 1/4 in my life all of which have been in my dsm.

Unless you run a larger tire, it's hard to get a good trap speed out of a turbo that doesn't pull well past 7000 rpms.

On the 2.4 and an internal wastegate it doesn't really pull well past 5500 rpms. I will have a set of slicks to run before the year is up. Maybe they will help me trap a bit higher.

grab the next gear, try to keep it closer to peak torque...

That would be nice since i am going through the traps at 7500 rpms but 5th gear isn't exactly an easy gear to get into when shifting fast.

And that's on a Mustang dyno. I know it's always tempting to make more power (ask me how I know) but I have to say, that is about perfect for a reliable street driven DSM. I'd have a hard time wanting to go past that point for the sake of driveability/reliability.

Great combo man.

Thanks. It is actually a very reliable car the way it sits right now and that was a major factor to me when building it. I won't tell how much money I've spent getting it that way but let's just say if all the money went to performance mods I'd be running 9's. the 16g while a great fun turbo is just getting old. I've had it on the car for i believe the past 6 years now and have had a 7 blade hx35 that I had Justin rebuild sitting in my garage for the past 3. My block and trans should both easily handle the power it's the other drivetrain parts I'm worried about. The hx35 will be the final step I take though after that it will only be maintaince and driving. Money will be spent on other hobbies after that.

Holy shit that is impressive, I can't believe that was on a mustang. I'm embarrassed that I only made about as much on a Green XL; damn 90 octane, I would kill for e85

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back