The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

E-Manage Ultimate on 1G Questions???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkstarTsi

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2003
Lima, South_America
Hello guys, I have a few questions regarding the use of an E-Manage Ultimate from Greddy on my 1G Talon AWD. I searched the forums regarding this topic but couldn't find the answers I'm looking for.

The thing is that I have the opportunity to get hold of a brand new E-Manage Ultimate with the 3 harnesses and software for a really good price ($450). I know that a full stand alone or a dsm link would be way better options but I don't live in the US so getting a DSM Link is kindda complicated and a stand alone (Haltech E6X), which is the brand most used in my country is at the moment way out of my budget. Since the Greddy unit has timing control I considered it as a good option for my car.
What I want to know is basically if the E-Manage Ultimate works properly on a 1G car, mainly from someone who has used it and has had experience with the unit, would it be worth in terms of benefits towards my car??? Also, I have a MAFT setup on my car so I would also want to know if the Greddy unit works properly in cars using a MAFT???

I just had higher compression pistons (8.3:1) installed in my engine so some kind of timing control would actually benefit my engine performance right???

Thanks a lot

Hello guys, I have a few questions regarding the use of an E-Manage Ultimate from Greddy on my 1G Talon AWD. I searched the forums regarding this topic but couldn't find the answers I'm looking for.

The thing is that I have the opportunity to get hold of a brand new E-Manage Ultimate with the 3 harnesses and software for a really good price ($450). I know that a full stand alone or a dsm link would be way better options but I don't live in the US so getting a DSM Link is kindda complicated and a stand alone (Haltech E6X), which is the brand most used in my country is at the moment way out of my budget. Since the Greddy unit has timing control I considered it as a good option for my car.
What I want to know is basically if the E-Manage Ultimate works properly on a 1G car, mainly from someone who has used it and has had experience with the unit, would it be worth in terms of benefits towards my car??? Also, I have a MAFT setup on my car so I would also want to know if the Greddy unit works properly in cars using a MAFT???

I just had higher compression pistons (8.3:1) installed in my engine so some kind of timing control would actually benefit my engine performance right???

Thanks a lot

I dont know much about the ulitmate but my brother is running the blue and its working great. Hes running 1000cc injectors just fine. Ultimate is pretty much the same thing but with some extras.

I was researching about it along time ago and I think some of the n/a guys where saying it didnt perform as well as the blue and was not worth the extra cash. The blue can be found on ebay for $200 or less if your lucky.

Also dont you guys have lots of e85 down there, if you run that you wont have an issue with too much timing with that compression.

Thanks for the input man, I appreciate it. What I'm still wondering is if having a Maf Translator wiould in any way interfere with any of the functions on the E-Manage Ultimate??? I don't think so but it doesn't hurt asking. I'll have a friend of mine that does Haltech programming take a look at it and see what he thinks about the unit.

Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back