The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dynotuned and first time at the track.advise please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Curlz

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2011
new bedford, Massachusetts
Ok so I have been preparing my 2g for import face off at New England drag way and got it dynotuned on a mustang dyno and only made 318 corrected hp 333 uncorrected hp whatever that means and around 300tq on a downfireing 20g running 30psi I feel like I should of made more can anyone chime in? He told me mustang dyno's read low? And he told me to degree my cams and is see 20 to 30 more hp? I'm running bc280s should I sell and get a set of hks272 or what other option? Well anyways I went to the track and my first run ever I ran a 13.1 spinning through first trapped 108. I ran 7 runs that day and ran low 13s couldn't seem to break 12s then the last run of the day I said screw it y not one more run and managed a 12.98 so I was pretty happy and trapped 112.8 but my real questions are what can I do to make this setup faster I'm going to gut it seeing as in I ran full weight and I'm going to run a bumper next time because I read alot on aerodynamics how it makes a good difference so just let me know please and thanks guys

112 traps are good for better than 12.98 you need to launch better and shift quicker and get that lower..
I got about the same times in a fwd t28 with stock cams

Seat time. The MPH is in the mid-low 12 range. I'd be willing to guess your 60-ft times are not great. I say this because I also need more seat time at the track, and run higher MPH with lower ET's. It's practice, practice, practice. If the car is a stick, lifting in-between shifts hurts the times, as well.. since you will loose the built-up boost pressure (throttle closes) and have to spool up again.

Mustang Dynos do "read lower" because they are actually more accurate than the Dynojets. They call those the "heartbreaker" because of that. But power is only one part of the equation. If you do not launch the car correctly, or shift it correctly, the ET will suffer.

My best advice to you is before doing anything else, practice driving it more.

My first rt was .601 ran a 13.1 but as the day came my best rt was a .007 and I ran a 13.2 they were under .300 for the most part and I need better tires

And I was running no bumper could aerodynamics hurt me alot? And I was launching at 5500 shifting my poor trans as fast as it would let me here's a link to the 12.9 run its the blue 2g vs the white civic theres also a vid w me against a green integra on that page https://m.facebook.com/#!/groups/273129959435342?ref=bookmark&__user=100002585137490

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back