The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Dyno'd my 20g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxness

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2011
Chesapeake, Virginia
Finally put my 2g on a dyno to see what she would do. Ran into a couple problems, but atleast this was something to go off of.

First pull was decent until she decided to spin. 2nd & 3rd pulls were wicked rich. This was just a dyno day, so there wasn't any tuning done.

Bolt-on Modifications:
20g turbo (3" inlet comp housing & ported hotside) ▫ DNP tubular exhaust manifold ▫ Open dump o2 housing ▫ 3'' Punishment Racing downpipe (cat delete) ▫ 3'' GReddy TI-C catback exhaust ▫ VRSF FMIC ▫ 1g intake manifold ▫ 1g throttle body ▫ FIC 750cc injectors ▫ Walbro 255 fuel pump (STM rewire) ▫ 1g BOV ▫ Unorthodox crank pulley ▫ 4" FP intake w/ K&N FIPK filter ▫ NGK spark plugs & wires

Engine Management:
ECUFlash ▫ EvoScan ▫ '99 GST "Black box" ECU ▫ AEM digital wideband ▫ AEM Tru-boost controller/gauge ▫ AEM digital 0-150psi oil pressure gauge ▫ AEM digital water temp gauge

Engine Internals:
ARP headstuds ▫ Kelford 272/272 cams ▫ Evo 8 springs & retainers ▫ 3g revised lifters ▫ Balance shaft elimination

Drivetrain Modifications:
Automatic to 5-speed transmission swap ▫ SBC SS-series 2200# PP ▫ TZ/B-series kevlar/ceramic dual friction clutch disk

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FUTews10JQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited by a moderator:
How much boost?

Seems like it should have been alot more, my sohc 14b had that same amount of torque at 16psi :p

Looks like low timing and Wickedly Rich. Running rich kills power, low timing same thing.

TD05 or TD06? Was this really at 28psi?

It was uncorrected? That's weird.

TD05

How much boost?

Seems like it should have been alot more, my sohc 14b had that same amount of torque at 16psi :p

28psi

What fuel are you running. seems kinda low for a 20g at that psi. Your car is so sexy. LOVE black 2gs

93oct

Looks like low timing and Wickedly Rich. Running rich kills power, low timing same thing.

Yep, low timing. Car would knock when we tried to add timing.

With a 2200 lb pressure plate I wonder if the breaking loose was clutch slippage.... That would kill the numbers for sure.

Pump gas?

you most likely would have made more power at around 24psi and higher timing

Jax I am sure someone on purity, or some of your fellow Jacksonville DSMers could help you dial in the tune on the interstate.

With a 2200 lb pressure plate I wonder if the breaking loose was clutch slippage.... That would kill the numbers for sure.

That PP and clutch disk are good for around 500-550 ft/lbs.

Clutch is good up to 500 lbs/ft of torque

Pump gas?

you most likely would have made more power at around 24psi and higher timing

I know, but the car wouldn't take more timing.

Bet it's pretty fun on the street

VERY ;)

Jax I am sure someone on purity, or some of your fellow Jacksonville DSMers could help you dial in the tune on the interstate.

Shes been street tuned already

What was your peak timing for it not to take anymore?

at around 28psi with 93 you must have been under 12?

normally you can reduce boost to get more timing without knock, sounds to me like your just at the limit of your setup for 93, unless you lower boost to up timing. or add meth injection ;)

We have a most the same mods and I plan on dynoing my car this week I'll let ya know how it goes. Last time I dynoed it was when I bought the car and the turbo was going/blown

What was your peak timing for it not to take anymore?

at around 28psi with 93 you must have been under 12?

normally you can reduce boost to get more timing without knock, sounds to me like your just at the limit of your setup for 93, unless you lower boost to up timing. or add meth injection ;)

10 degrees. We tried to turn the boost down and add timing, but it would just knock.

Im going to swap to speed density with my tax return. Im done dealing with a MAF

10 degrees. We tried to turn the boost down and add timing, but it would just knock.

Im going to swap to speed density with my tax return. Im done dealing with a MAF

Speed density is so much simpler and worth every penny to swap over. :thumb:

Thought you were moving? :hmm:

I have the same issue with peak timing at 12* at 20psi. Could not budge the timing at all. So i figured id add boost instead. I managed so far to spike to 27psi falling to 24psi by redline with 93 pump gas and flowing 43lbs/min at 6800rpm. AFR is 11.7/1. Meth is in the near future for sure.

Need meth or race gas 100 oct min. Lower the boost and get some more timing till you find the sweet spot. Then once its under control start to up the boost alittle and see what it will take. Your better off lowering the boost and getting timing up and getting the a/f's around 10.9-11:1 or so. And it will be really hard to get the power to stick on street tires and being a gst, Hoosier qtp's one of the best upgrades to my setup so far. I've been able to cut 1.7 60' on with them. Just wish we had a dyno out here so I could have seen what the numbers were, link was est around 340-380 I think. I also noticed a nice gain from prothane mounts, full bushing kit, and setting the ride height up better and alignment dialed in and the quaife LSD.

Its all in my tune, I know she can do a lot better. Going to mess with a couple things and try again.

She was originally tuned 2 months ago at 11.0 AFRs, so when she went rich to 10.0, I knew something was wrong.

I think I noticed that it said you have a 1G intake on it... Manifold? If it is, I hope the head is either ported or it's a 6-Bolt head because those manifold runners are actually restrictive to that head. The runners are actually fatter than the head creating a barrier wall effect. Could help with the "richness" More Info Please...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back