The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dyno Sheet & log thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWR-DSM

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2008
Schenectady, New_York
Thoughts on the dyno sheet and the log I took yesterday on the street while in 2nd. I made 404awhp and 328TQ with 93 pump. 2.3L 6bolt, PTE 5557 bolt on housing, JMF Swim, Kelfords 272, 1050cc injectors, etc etc

I thought I would see more TQ than 328

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• log.2013.05.21-03 (1).elg
    20.8 KB · Views: 87
I dont see anything crazy going on in the log. The few things i can say are make sure your base timing is set properly. Also Id add a little bit of timing to see if it picks up. Also what was your boost? This log shows boost est at 12-13 psi. Your injector duty was also very low so this setup has a lot of room to grow it seems.

The boost lvl 22.2. I think I should had the tune more aggressive for the start. Think I will retune it on 93 and probably on 110 also.

It doesn't break 300hp til 5300rpm's. Looks pretty normal.

With out being able to read the logs id blame it on the cams and IM. Those both say to me "i dont care about torque" LOL.

People running those cams claim minimal low end loss, but i've seen comparison where they lost 40hp and 60tq in the low end(around 3500ish) to other brands real 272's.

I remember a 16g guy even lost peak power going from bc 272's to k272's and a ton of low end.

I'll see if i can find them, they're floating around here somewhere.

But it could be that your still on low boost? By what rpm are you seeing that 22psi?

It doesn't break 300hp til 5300rpm's. Looks pretty normal.

With out being able to read the logs id blame it on the cams and IM. Those both say to me "i dont care about torque" LOL.

People running those cams claim minimal low end loss, but i've seen comparison where they lost 40hp and 60tq in the low end(around 3500ish) to other brands real 272's.

I remember a 16g guy even lost peak power going from bc 272's to k272's and a ton of low end.

I'll see if i can find them, they're floating around here somewhere.

But it could be that your still on low boost? By what rpm are you seeing that 22psi?

I'm seeing 22 by like 5000-5200. It gets up to that rpm in a flash. I was thinking the setup just wants more boost

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back