The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Dyno results from bolt-on motor build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catbox_95

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2004
Conroe, Texas
FIST Racing in Houston just completed a large list of bolt-on parts to my otherwise stock setup. You can see the details of my car in my profile, but it's basically bone-stock from oil pan to throttle body, with the exception of ARP head studs. The rest is just turbo, intercooler, fuel mods, etc. as seen in my profile. It's an automatic awd car, with only a TCM reprogram for the driveline mods. Anyway, I was very impressed to see 404 hp and 361 ft. lbs. torque at the wheels. It desperately needs a torque converter. I'll post drag times pretty soon.

Very good! I actually checked your car out at FIST and was very impressed with the quality work and mods. That thing should be a beast! Engine bay looks extremely clean too. Any plans to go with a forged bottom end in the future? That turbo is screaming for A LOT of air...

Thank you. I went to Sam Houston a long time ago and live in Conroe now, which is just south of Huntsville so yeah, maybe we'll run into each other.

FIST Racing recently moved to north of Houston, closer to where I live so that was good. I was impressed with every stage of the build they did for me. They were always in great communication as to what is going on with the car and fair prices.

They really pressed the issue of being cautious with the stock motor and didn't want to take it beyond their comfort level. I honestly was expecting somewhere around 350 hp at the wheels, so you can bet I had a nice grin on my face when he sent me the dyno sheet.

Thank you, camfast. I've only owned that car for a year and just got EXTREMELY lucky with the purchase, so it hasn't been difficult to keep the engine bay so clean. It was literally the case of, I bought it from a little lady who bought it brand new back in 1998 and drove it to work and the grocery store. There wasn't an aftermarker bolt on the car when I got it.

Yes, future plans are to collaborate with FIST Racing again on a complete engine build - crank, rods, pistons, head, cams, tranny, etc. We have already started the talks about it all. While yes, that turbo is screaming for a lot of air, I don't think it will be large enough for the next build. I may be wrong, we'll work out those details later.

Good deal man, i bought mine bone stock after selling a highly modified 1g with a similar setup. That car is pulling hard now! Im planning to do the same shortly with the 2G. I want to keep it streetable but with lots of power and enjoy it. I know what route to go with since ive been messing with these cars for a while.

Trust me...the hta3582 with get you more power plus some LOL. Probably a stroker is an ideal combo since we have autos. We need as much torque as we can to get it going fast from the line or from a roll. Plus you would enjoy the streetability with it too.

I believe my turbo is good for about 650 hp. I'll be building for more than that, so an upgrade will probably be coming in the future.

As for a stroker, I've been convinced they aren't really the way to go for serious power. They become a weak link when the larger stroke puts too much stress on the crank by having the rod journals further out from centerline.

But for now, I'm going to just drive around and enjoy my 400+ hp. :cool:

Hmmm....there are quiet a few people out there with BIG power 2.3 but we all have our preferences. Good luck with further build and enjoy:thumb:

No doubt, no doubt. I know there are a lot of people who have had huge success with strokers. I just know that I can make the power I am looking for with the stock stroke, so that will be the route I take.

Thanks. It's good to be back on here.

Whats your IDC's and fuel pressure like?

I have been swayed from e85 due to availability mostly but someone said my fuel system would get maxed. I have the same fuel setup as you minus the 304 aeromotive. Mine is a 255hp.

Either way, awesome numbers.

Not sure about the fuel pressure, but I know it wasn't lacking. I have 1050cc injectors and they were at 91% with e85. Technically I could go a little larger on the injector and get more hp, but I don't want to take the stock engine any further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Cool to see another Auto in the area. guess that makes 3 of us that I know of. Ive talked to mike several times over the phone but I need to get by there and talk to him and check the shop out. You should definitely come out to Tx2k next year. Was a lot of fun this year, more dsm's would be a lot of fun since it was just me and one other guy the whole event that ran on the track.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back