The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

DYNO Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PimpBlackTalon

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 18, 2002
Deez_NUTZ
Hey people.. I have a Big16G on my Talon and I am wondering what kind of horsepower numbers I could put down. On pump gas I usually run about 17 lbs of boost.. I have not had the opportunity to get to the track yet on the new turbo, but I would probably run 24-26lbs on c-16.
I'm also curious to see what a 20G and other biggers turbos are capable of putting to the ground.. Before anyone responds with the usual depends on the setup response.. I KNOW! :cool: I'm just wanting to see some tried and true numbers.. I've also seen many estimates from the vendors and am not interested in that either. So does anyone have dyno numbers on their cars????????

You know we are going to ask what the rest of your setup so why didn't you include that. Without knowing what the rest of your setup is (fuel, exhaust, intercooler, ect.) there is no way we could guess how much hp you may put down. You could have 210 or 350hp. Big difference.

With a 16g you won't be able to run as 28psi. You would be creating more heat than anything and it would fall off to about 23 psi in higher RPMs.

Originally posted by TWEAKD4
You know we are going to ask what the rest of your setup so why didn't you include that. Without knowing what the rest of your setup is (fuel, exhaust, intercooler, ect.) there is no way we could guess how much hp you may put down. You could have 210 or 350hp. Big difference.

With a 16g you won't be able to run as 28psi. You would be creating more heat than anything and it would fall off to about 23 psi in higher RPMs.

Great response! :rolleyes: Ok well where did you get 28psi (read my post again) LOL? And if you want to know my setup it's in the profile and on my webpage (which is linked to the profile) The reason i got a BIG16G is so i could run higher boost than a small 16G.. I do believe it will hold higher than 23 on race gas.. Oh by the way, I dont see your dyno numbers?? :laugh: Anyone have any dyno numbers??

Peace

Originally posted by PimpBlackTalon
Oh by the way, I dont see your dyno numbers?? Can someone reply with something that is not a waste of space? :laugh:
Hey speaking of a waste of space. Why dont YOU search around on the net and find dyno charts instead of asking stupid questions :thumb:

Originally posted by rdrkt

Hey speaking of a waste of space. Why dont YOU search around on the net and find dyno charts instead of asking stupid questions :thumb:

LOL ok 2 down.. so has anyone dyno'd their cars?

All of these "How much power should I make?" threads are lame as hell. There is honestly so many factors that effect total power output that it’s stupid to even try to guess.

I looked over your mod list about 4 times pimp dady and I didn’t see a FMIC in your mods list only on your wish list. Do you think you are going to runt 26lbs through the stock 2g sidemount? There is just too many variables to make an estimate worth anything.

Originally posted by rdrkt
All of these "How much power should I make?" threads are lame as hell. There is honestly so many factors that effect total power output that it’s stupid to even try to guess.

I looked over your mod list about 4 times pimp dady and I didn’t see a FMIC in your mods list only on your wish list. Do you think you are going to runt 26lbs through the stock 2g sidemount? There is just too many variables to make an estimate worth anything.

Nice.. No estimates please.. Just results of dyno runs please.. :thumb:
Anyone?

hmmm...lets see...to stubborn to post your mods, won't do your research, and can't take advice....I'll say you'r going to make 210hp if its tuned up and about 185hp to the wheels...That's good for 15.1 @ 85mph...oh wait..you've been to the track 14.9!!! Yeah!

Questions like this are called bench racing. Which we all do. But the hard awfull truth is that we are all driving lumber until you take it to the track. That's why nobody is going to have an answer for you. You want dyno numbers, take it to a dyno....

What would you do with dyno numbers anyway? They don't mean squat until you've got numbers to back it up. Just do what everybody else does and go to www.dsmtimes.org and poke around until you find a car like yours and see what there doing. Right now 11.80's at around 115mph looks like the most power you can make out of the big 16g's. And just like with the dyno, just because one guy can make 350hp or run 11's doesn't mean you'll be able to even if you have the same mods. Just like rdrkt said there are to many variables.

Tim

Originally posted by GreenGSX
hmmm...lets see...to stubborn to post your mods, won't do your research, and can't take advice....I'll say you'r going to make 210hp if its tuned up and about 185hp to the wheels...That's good for 15.1 @ 85mph...oh wait..you've been to the track 14.9!!! Yeah!

14.9 completely STOCK, full weight, front-wheel drive, street tires, pump gas..

Questions like this are called bench racing. Which we all do. But the hard awfull truth is that we are all driving lumber until you take it to the track. That's why nobody is going to have an answer for you. You want dyno numbers, take it to a dyno....

..... sigh.. I thought it was a simple question... I want to take the car to a dyno, but I also want to have some numbers to compare to!

What would you do with dyno numbers anyway? They don't mean squat until you've got numbers to back it up. Just do what everybody else does and go to www.dsmtimes.org and poke around until you find a car like yours and see what there doing. Right now 11.80's at around 115mph looks like the most power you can make out of the big 16g's. And just like with the dyno, just because one guy can make 350hp or run 11's doesn't mean you'll be able to even if you have the same mods. Just like rdrkt said there are to many variables.

Tim

ok.. wouldn't it have been easier to just post the dyno numbers? i've been to dsmtimes.org but i don't see any dyno numbers. Forget that I said I want to know how much horsepower I could put down.. I just want to see what everyone else is putting down.. Am I getting through yet? So the question still stands... Has anyone dyno'd their car?

ok.. wouldn't it have been easier to just post the dyno numbers? i've been to dsmtimes.org but i don't see any dyno numbers. Forget that I said I want to know how much horsepower I could put down.. I just want to see what everyone else is putting down.. Am I getting through yet? So the question still stands... Has anyone dyno'd their car?

Why would it be easier? For you or him? Why should he do your work for you?

The numbers on the dsmtimes. org page are 1/4 miles. This will give you a decent HP estimate based on MPH. Once you find a MPH that equates to the HP you are looking for, look at the mods. There is your baseline.

The reason i got a BIG16G is so i could run higher boost than a small 16G.. I do believe it will hold higher than 23 on race gas..

Hey dipwad, the max boost threshold is directly proportional to turbine flow, not compressor size.

The big and small 16g use the same turbine housing and wheel. The big 16g will make more power at the same boost due to a larger compressor. But it's less efficient so you need a big intercooler to see the additional gain otherwise it's a wash.

So what that basically means is you bought the Big16g for the wrong reason.

If you do a search you will find 16g's max out around 330whp.

P.S. I have dyno charts but you will never see them.

Originally posted by Tevenor

Why would it be easier? For you or him? Why should he do your work for you?

The numbers on the dsmtimes. org page are 1/4 miles. This will give you a decent HP estimate based on MPH. Once you find a MPH that equates to the HP you are looking for, look at the mods. There is your baseline.

wow.. how discouraging.. no wonder this site is the laughing stock of teamnabr.com... are all the times on dsmtimes.org with full weight or are they tube chassis with nothing but a driver, an engine, and a roll bar? c'mon now.. based on your advice.. my baseline could be anywhere from 1 hp to 8000..

Originally posted by JayHass

Hey dipwad, the max boost threshold is directly proportional to turbine flow, not compressor size.

The big and small 16g use the same turbine housing and wheel. The big 16g will make more power at the same boost due to a larger compressor. But it's less efficient so you need a big intercooler to see the additional gain otherwise it's a wash.

Ohhh.. so the 20g would be a wash too by the same logic.. :rolleyes: At least you made somewhat of a point though.. I do need a FMIC..

P.S. I have dyno charts but you will never see them.

:cry: well if you do.. you are the first to admit it.. was that so hard? :laugh:

Peace

wow.. how discouraging.. no wonder this site is the laughing stock of teamnabr.com... are all the times on dsmtimes.org with full weight or are they tube chassis with nothing but a driver, an engine, and a roll bar? c'mon now.. based on your advice.. my baseline could be anywhere from 1 hp to 8000..

Uhm.

1) No it couldn't be 1hp to 8000hp. Yes it will waiver based on weight, but I figured you would be smart enough to figure that part out for yourself considering you since you would be already comparing mods, you could compare rough weight assumptions as well. I guess I was wrong.
2) How do you know that DSMTuners is the laughing stock of teamnabr? Are you on it?

wow.. how discouraging.. no wonder this site is the laughing stock of teamnabr.com...
The first rule of project NABR is what again? Don’t talk about it? There is no reason to bring that board up here. Especially when you are trying to use it to defend a stupid argument. It’s a poor reflection on NABR and they really wont appreciate it trust me. If you asked the same question over there they would be equally quick to call you a dumbass then boot you when you coped an attitude. Quit now while you are behind :shhh:

you know what, i will admit that im a Dick, and am very opinionated. but you are just plain STUPID. some of the more knowledgeable members have given you the absolute best advice and answers to your question. its not our fault you refuse to accept the obvious. tune your car and put it on a dyno if you want to know how much HP you make. we all realize you are tickled to death with your little 16g turbo. just relax a little and take advice as its given.

oh and until then i might add, you did a pretty good job of getting

Attachments

• ownedtree.jpg
    ownedtree.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 336
Do your research
Search for dyno charts.
Get your mods straight.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back