The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dump pipe fabrication / missing the intercooler pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genegoesfast

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2010
Nashville, Tennessee
So my reason for building my own custom dump pipe stemmed from a fit issue with the dump pipe that came with my PR o2 housing. This couldn't fit more wrong. The pic below is definitely the dump pipe resting directly on the intercooler pipe. No good. I don't believe this to be Tim's fault due to the fact that I'm running a short route intercooler. Maybe an option of dump pipe based on your intercooler type would be nice? Also of note, this is my first serious fab project, so any suggestions on how to do what I did better would be appreciated.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I then went and purchased a piece of flex from autzone that technically worked but was just a tad too ghetto for me.

After realizing how ghetto this truly was I started slicing up some generic 1.5" exhaust pipe I had picked up earlier. I mocked up what I wanted by holding it together with electrical tape.

I numbered and alignment marked everything, so when it inevitably falls apart, I could put it back together correctly.

Everything was then tacked and test fit again.

Everything fully welded.

Here's with a coat of high temp paint.

I'd say that looks great being your first fab project. Keep up the good work and keep inspiring me!

It looks as though you did a good job. After the paint it looks nice and clean. At the end do you have the tip facing back ?

Yep it's facing back a tad. More just to keep water from going up inside it. I also think I came up with a compromise on the wrap situation. I plan to put some reflective, adhesive backed, heat tape on the lower inter cooler pipe next to the dump.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back