The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dumbest things you've heard a DSMer say? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One of my co workers told me
"Ill show you how to make 600horses with the stock sidemount...." ok id love to see that someday haha and th same dude said
"You can make 500horses easy with a 16g..."
i gotta say im glad im not that dumb, i mean the dude had his 1ga on the road for more than 3yrs and he was straight abusing it til he decided to go off roading in it and drowned it in the river. I dont see how he could manage all that abuse on that car yet say some stupid things.

Not a DSMer, but a new hire at work. He was training with me a couple days ago. He comes back from break as I'm looking for a trans for my Mustang.

Him- "What kind of car do you have?"
Me- "89 Mustang notch."
Him- "Cool. I'm getting an '89 Mustang too. I don't know if its a notch. It might be a convertible." (At this point I'm already "Oh Christ this is going to be good")
Me- "Oh nice."
Him- "Yea its all race converted. Edelbrock carb, converted to EFI (LOL wut), some 'extreme performance tires,' the speedo doesn't work though. The previous owner didn't upgrade the wire (Foxes have cable driven speedos) when he upgraded the engine so it broke. After I put the Cobra chip into it, its going to have a lot more power."
Me- Tell him about my car
THE KICKER
Him- "I can't wait to get it." Talking about a non existent car that he doesn't even own yet.

Apparently it has been converted from EFI to carb and then the carb has been plumbed for EFI? It still boggles my mind what he was trying to say.

...I told my coworker about what motox-010 said (just to see if he knew anything about EI) and he was like, "Carburetor with EFI huh? Duh, it's called throttle body injection, look it up."

M:
A carburetor is mechanical fuel injection, opposed to the latter system requiring a battery to operate...

CW:
"What do you think a throttle body is?"

M:
Hey I should be asking you that... why don't you point to it in this car :)

Lol it really should be spider & poppit fuel injection. A completely useless system. I loath Chevy 5.7s'.

And of course I had a guy tell me he put a carbureted 5.7 motor out of a 07 truck in his 90 silverado. And went on to tell me he had a big block 454 DOHC!!! I love it! :thumb::ohdamn::hmm:

Stopped in Autoz0ne to pickup their 'oil change special' (jug of oil, filter)...I saw an ad in the store for a deal on winter blades so I picked up two. Their sign by the ad said 'free installation, so when I checked out the girl asked if I wanted them installed, so I said sure! She turned to the younger employee and told him to install the blades...he said 'I'm new, I don't know how"...she said 'What?'...he said 'I don't know how to do it"... (Well, at least he was honest...)
WTF...

Stopped in Autoz0ne to pickup their 'oil change special' (jug of oil, filter)...I saw an ad in the store for a deal on winter blades so I picked up two. Their sign by the ad said 'free installation, so when I checked out the girl asked if I wanted them installed, so I said sure! She turned to the younger employee and told him to install the blades...he said 'I'm new, I don't know how"...she said 'What?'...he said 'I don't know how to do it"... (Well, at least he was honest...)
WTF...

I would have said #### it! Il show you, come on.

well i have a few but not recently. had a guy tell me once "my buddy just put a TRIPLE CAM VTEC in his hatch back" LOL....had another guy ask me what that toggle switch was for and i told him it turns the turbo on and off. Also overheard another convo about this kid wanting to buy a "piston management system"..... 0_o

unrelated but there was a kid that had a 97 7.3 ford ps and he couldn't get it to smoke. he said his turbo was too big just moving too much air so you couldn't see the unburned fuel....it was the stock turbo haha

had another guy ask me what that toggle switch was for and i told him it turns the turbo on and off.

Reminds me of what my father-in-law asked me once. "do you push a button for the boost or something?" ROFL

My '98 4Runner has a power button. It doesn't do squat but its there.

My '98 4Runner has a power button. It doesn't do squat but its there.

Had a friend with a similar truck and asked me one day what that was for. I think we came up with it being for the optional sunroof some 4runners could have installed. Not 100% but that's what Mr. Googler told me :)

Him: What happened to your engine? (DOHC 16v)
Me: It threw a rod through the block.
Him: Dang, pushrods are expensive...

Greatest in this thread so far!!

well i have a few but not recently. had a guy tell me once "my buddy just put a TRIPLE CAM VTEC in his hatch back"

He may be refering to the d15b. It had a 3 stage vtec engagement. Nasty little motor for a 1.5 if you ask me.

Had a friend with a similar truck and asked me one day what that was for. I think we came up with it being for the optional sunroof some 4runners could have installed. Not 100% but that's what Mr. Googler told me :)

My 4runner has a sunroof. And it has the power button. And the power button doesn't do shit for the sunroof. It could be broken though, everything else is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back