The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Dumbest things you've heard a DSMer say? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lol. I would love to see a 350 big block. I was always under the impression they were 350 small blocks...... LOL

I learned a V8 can make 4K HP with no super/turbo charger, not even nitrous. Secret is, bore those cylinders out almost paper thin and tune the carburetor like a bauss.

Oh yeah, and a filled block (no coolant) INCREASES HP by itself

Last -but certainly not least, this guy sees it possible to dropping a 350 BB into a Prius.

Good thing I hung out around last call the other night. The hopes for my 4000HP POS Prius were beginning to diminish. :rolleyes:

4k HP is retarded and no such thing as a 350bb. He is kind of right about the block fill though. With a filled block you can go more extreme with bores and machining, you only need coolant to your top end.

I miss My Chevy!

Quoted this from few posts back and it's the dumbest thing I've heard a DSMer say in awhile. LOL

I had someone tell me that they knew more about dsm's than I ever would and that he used to have a 1ga AWD laser. i understand that not all people know that awd lasers didnt come out till 92 but dont act like you know more then me then the next thing out of your mouth is that.
There is a 1g Laser dude, maybe he does know more about DSM's then you.

Model Guide: Laser 1Ga - DSMtuners

:dsm:

I had someone tell me that they knew more about dsm's than I ever would and that he used to have a 1ga AWD laser. i understand that not all people know that awd lasers didnt come out till 92 but dont act like you know more then me then the next thing out of your mouth is that.

They actually came out in 1990 :rolleyes:

The last couple posters owned themselves. Look at the post again. AWD came out in 92 for the Lasers.
Ack. Attention to detail, I knew that I just wasn't paying attention to what he posted... HAHA.

Sorry as3958, I missed the AWD claim. LOL

:dsm:

I'm pretty sure I've seen Lasers that were AWD and had flip-up headlights (1gA).

Well he is technically right... I mean, it is possible to put it into a Prius. Dont think it would be easy or look right, but would be possible

Yeah...and an engine that size can fit into a Toyota Camry with the right accommodations too. I meant this guy hadn't a clue what kind of project it would actually be. MONEY, fabrication, structural redesign blah blah blah. He obviously never thought about it when he said he had only a couple grand and swears by carburetors vs. today's technology (which is crap to him, imagine that!)

He is kind of right about the block fill though. With a filled block you can go more extreme with bores and machining, you only need coolant to your top end.

He is not right, you are. He said it increased HP by the mod itself. I mentioned rigidity and how it creates more bore integrity and he said no it makes more power by itself.

Maybe he does know and I heard him wrong but hearing the guy say the bores were punched out almost paper thin with a whopping 500 N/A HP per cylinder, I somehow doubt he knows about strength considerations when building a high HP engine.

And just an FYI, I sure don't. I'm still learning but damn, I do have common sense.

Last edited:
swears by carburetors vs. today's technology (which is crap to him, imagine that!)
with a whopping 500 N/A HP per cylinder,

My job is dealing with v8's on a daily basis, and its simple fact that EFI can make more power than carburated, honestly one of the main reasons carburetors are still used in a lot of competitions is because a lot of those guys don't understand the electronics very well, and are trying to stop people from cheating.

As for the 4000whp claim. I do know some guys making close to 3000horsepower, big time players, and you can bet your ass they arnt doing it NA. The guy you talked was sounds like the v8's version of the ricer.

Yeah...and an engine that size can fit into a Honda Camry with the right accommodations too. I meant this guy hadn't a clue what kind of project it would actually be. MONEY, fabrication, structural redesign blah blah blah. He obviously never thought about it when he said he had only a couple grand and swears by carburetors vs. today's technology (which is crap to him, imagine that!)

Honda Camry???????????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

LMFAO wow. Sign me up for the dumbass award. I'll make a futile attempt and say Toyota Camry, Honda Accord. You should hear my epic speech fails, somedays I think I have dyslexia.

Okay okay I'll post it just because the show is pretty good

Attachments

• ray.jpg
    ray.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 337
Had a kid tell tell me his 2.4L Pontiac Sunfire would smoke my TSi because his motor was bigger. Also had a kid say his 3g would dust me because he has a v6. LOL. Another guy told me that factory turbos dont add any power, they "JUST SAVE GAS"! HAHAHAHAH. My car does anything but save gas with a 14b LOL. Thing eats more gas than any N/A Ive ever owned.

It kinda gets old when you have to explain to the ladies that ride with you.. Even if they arent you significant other but just a friend you're giving a ride somewhere to and you both get out and start walking.. They just look at you like 0_o

You just tell them its because of the "sssssssssssssssss. Pshttttttttt" LOL because RACE CAR!!!!!! LOL

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Saw this lancer while out working and I guess it's my cousins buddy's ride and he was told it had an evo8 motor swapped into it. I'm checking this thing out later today to see if it actually does. I heard a loud raspy sound and figured it was a civic then turned around to seen this. I kinda chuckled a lil bit

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back