The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Dumbest things you've heard a DSMer say? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

this thread is funny, ok i got one. I was at the corner store and saw a 2ga n/t with a 2gb gsx kit on it and went to ask him if was swapped, and he said yeah, when i asked for verification by hood pop he did so but no swap, I asked where the turbo was and he said "inside the engine", looked for a minute and it was a 1.8 n/t so said "cool" and left...

this thread is funny, ok i got one. I was at the corner store and saw a 2ga n/t with a 2gb gsx kit on it and went to ask him if was swapped, and he said yeah, when i asked for verification by hood pop he did so but no swap, I asked where the turbo was and he said "inside the engine", looked for a minute and it was a 1.8 n/t so said "cool" and left...

The 2gs never came with a 1.8L

just stuff like..

40lbs boost, stock everything. everyone says you cant do it but 'f' it I do.. etc, just bs garabge.

oh man youtube is full of this crap
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijJgZWGO3VI"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ijJgZWGO3VI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

can you guys tell im bored LOL

WOW! That was awesome. I couldn't have kept a straight face.LOL

^^^

that video was hilarious.

a gtr mustang with a turbo rotary engine in it, with pistons!

hahahahahaha:D

Nothing was really said in the convo, but there's this 1g with a huge park-bench on the back that I've seen a handful of time on my way to work. And every single time I've seen it, he's tried to race me (in my 1g NT mind you).

Well today it was especially fun.

I was driving to work and it had started snowing a little while before. I was going thru McKeesport and I saw the tool once again...and once again he slows way down to come even with me. I'm just driving, trying my best to ignore him and his ricebucket. Well he hammers it to blow past me...next light turns yellow, then red. He slams on the brakes and slides into the intersection and almost into the side of a bus before backing up to wait at the light.

I braved the cold, rolled my windows down just to make sure he could see me laughing my ass off at him.

this thread is funny, ok i got one. I was at the corner store and saw a 2ga n/t with a 2gb gsx kit on it and went to ask him if was swapped, and he said yeah, when i asked for verification by hood pop he did so but no swap, it was a 1.8 n/t so said "cool" and left...

Dumbest thing I've heard a DSMer say ROFL just kidding.

a dude couldn't get his car started so i said spray some starting fluid and see if it cranks, he says ok weres the carburetor. i say it aint got one he says then how does my car run if it aint got one, i said a throttle body he goes whats a throttle body, i at then just got tired of talking and hung up the phone, aint no use tryin to walk a person through what to do if he dont know what is what.

someone on here, when I met him, decided to tell me the following and I'll try to keep it short.

him: yeah, this is my 1g, it's pretty fast but I plan to run 28psi on a 14b
me: heh, good ####in luck
him: (points to me and smirks like a 5 year old prick would) this guy says good luck, HA! How old are you?
me: uhhh? 23
him: and how many dsms have you owned?
me: well I own two now and one before
him: well I've owned dsms since I was 16 buddy
me: (THOUGHT, but did NOT say out loud and just turned around and walked away) oh really!? and you STILL dont know what the flow rates on these turbos are? RICER

last week I overheard this new guy saying the altima he used to own could walk on my Boss's STI.
I had to interupt the conversation and tell him if my car cant take the STI, there was no way in hell an altima would. His reply was "last time I drove it a cop clocked me at 162mph", I reply "not possible".
then he says it had a 350z motor in it. I had to walk away right then without another word. OMFG is he serious?
also I thought BOV's where aftermarket at one point too.

Being nice to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about is a good thing and I will never look down on someone who just wants to learn and asks questions that are well thought out but I swear to god every time I hear someone say they have a JDM twin turbo talon which runs 10s all day even though the talon never came in awd I immediately lose all respect for them because they are being an ass and trying to talk about things which they know nothing about. There are a thousand excuses for ignorance, but being a pretentious asshole can only be pulled off with any grace by very few people.

My talon's awd and so are a bunch of other dsmer's. Your misinformed sir but yet I will not roll my eye's upon that statement.

Laugh at the punctuation not the DSM knowledge. The statement of "even though the talon never came in awd" was meant to be an extension of the the idiotic things said, and not something that I was mentioning as an aside.

I'll let you go for your ridiculous display of half retarded laughing smileys this time just because my post was unclear, but in the future is a redundant smiley really necessary for every expression?

hahahaha nice story fabian that was a funny night

Ya i was gonna say 1500+ tech posts and your saying talon's never had a awd model. I was like Holy cow. Im new and I even know that one. Sorry about that it's just hard to read expression's on the net ya know. Sorry :/

I once had to ask where the wastegate nipple was. I never heard the person I asked laugh so hard before.

Local guy who used to have a '91 AWD TSi.

"Most (if not all) laser's were FWD."

At the local car meet this guy just bought a 95 talon comes up to me and states 'you have a 6bolt head because the 7bolt heads dont have the triangle sensor on the side.' (CAS) He was very confident in himself.

idk like back in junior year were all hangin in this parking lot and i havent even gone to LTI yet or nothing but i knew some stuff and this kid whose like "rich" .. spoiled comes over to me and starts braggin about his new cts his daddy bought for him... A neon drives by and hits boost let alone his BOV was louddd and everyones lookin over so i say Turboo nicee and he goes.. NOt necesarily he could just have a blow off valve and an intake..... everyone waited for my reply and i just said IDIOT

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back