The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dumbest thing you've ever done in a car? (DSM or other)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearhead4G63

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
I'm starting this thread because I want to know that I'm not the only one out there who's tried to do something cool in a car and it go horribly wrong!! Tell me your stories!!

Back in say 2010...11 I was driving my buddies Jack Roush edition mustang. Now this mustang had some serious torque, and I loved drifting it. But of course there was this one day we swapped cars, he wanted the feel of the turbo for the day and I wanted some massive torque drifting action. So I took it out had fun drifting here drifting there, and I found myself a hair pin turn, with a center median. Had a concrete lip on it about 6 inches. I was coming around the turn in "drift" mode, and didn't compensate enough for the turn I ended up pointing the front end at the median coming out of the turn, which at this point in the drift I should be back straight, well I couldn't stop in time and ended up on the median. Keep in mind this thing was about 6inch high. Anyway I get out the car still on the median, I've ripped the front and rear bumper off the car bent all four rims, side skirts are destroyed suspension is shot to hell, boy was I almost shitting myself, This was my buddies car!!! So I call him tell him what's happened and I'm expecting him to hand me my balls on a platter and he says: that sucks good thing I have full coverage. Coolest friend ever. Anyway I pay his deductible and get his car fixed for him.

Well that's one of mine what are some of yalls?

Huffed PC duster when I was younger. Driving a 93 Toyota celica. Passed out running about 80, ran off the highway, rode the ditch, hit a Colvert of a drive way in the ditch. Flipped the car up (clearing the mailbox in the driveway.) hit the other side of the road and rolled idk how many times, no seatbelt. I woke up on the roof of the inside of my car, I was like WTF?!?!? And then the pain hit. Split my noggin open about 8-10inches, you see what I think happened was, I had my McDonald's hat on with my name tag on it. I think the safety pin and that caught when I banged it on the window or b-pillar or roof or all of the above.

Had to get 16 or so staples in my head. It looks almost like a nike check mark. Glad I didn't hurt no one else. The car was destroyed.

I was a ####ing idiot back then.

Huffed PC duster when I was younger. Driving a 93 Toyota celica. Passed out running about 80, ran off the highway, rode the ditch, hit a Colvert of a drive way in the ditch. Flipped the car up (clearing the mailbox in the driveway.) hit the other side of the road and rolled idk how many times, no seatbelt. I woke up on the roof of the inside of my car, I was like WTF?!?!? And then the pain hit. Split my noggin open about 8-10inches, you see what I think happened was, I had my McDonald's hat on with my name tag on it. I think the safety pin and that caught when I banged it on the window or b-pillar or roof or all of the above.

Had to get 16 or so staples in my head. It looks almost like a nike check mark. Glad I didn't hurt no one else. The car was destroyed.

I was a ####ing idiot back then.

All of your story sounds similar to my experiences. LOL when I went to high school a couple of kids were huffing duster in the parking lot. The guy behind the wheel passed out and drove right through the school! The car was buried in a pile of bricks when I saw it. Really crazy stuff!!

I also just recently had 12 staples removed from my head from an accident at work! :|

The stupidest stunt I ever pulled in a car was jumping the vw golf my family used to have. ROFL I hadn't had my license for too long and tried to go mach 1 everywhere I went. I turned down a road I wasn't too familiar with and gunned it, :boring: however I had no idea there was a giant drainage dip about 1500 ft ahead. I probably go up to 45 or 50 before I saw the dip, so I slammed on the brakes. I hit it going about 25-30 but ended but catching a lot of air and lucky landed back on all fours. I was really scared to get out of the car and look at the damage I'd caused from my little jump, but I did. I nervously got out and walked around the car, no damage whatsoever! I taught myself a good lesson that day and didn't drive like such a moron anymore! :thumb:

95 Ranger, extended cab, 2WD, street tires. Thought it would be a good idea to go mudding in a field couple days after a hard rain. Everything was going great until the truck stopped. Lost all momentum and sunk. A neighbor came by with his jacked up F150 4x4 on mud tires and got it stuck trying to get the Ranger out. Finally got his truck out and on harder ground. A good pull had the Ranger freed up as well. Had to sit through an "i told you so" speech that night.

This happened today. Was working on modifying an old cotton wagon and needed to test the welds on the frame. Though that driving around a beat-up back road should to the trick. While driving around almost hit a big pothole with the Ranger. Looked in the mirror to see if the trailer hit it. At that moment all that could be seen was the bottom of the trailer because it bounced at least three feet coming out of that hole. At least the welds held up ok :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back