The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dumbest stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauleyman

DSM Wiseman
Nov 19, 2011
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
I'm a sucker for clickbait. Cars filled with oil horror stories etc...
So...somewhere in the 90s kid brings me a 2nd gen. Has all the latest doodads of the day. Apex ic, the weird looking one. Greedy this, apex that, Tanabe, stickers everywhere. Blah blah blah. He couldn't figure out why he couldn't raise boost with his manual boost controller. Kid had made a slit in the INTAKE pipe, shoved a fitting in there and that was his "boost tap". I had to explain intake vs ic pipes, sealed pressure etc.

So what's your best story dsm or otherwise?

Evo guys buying carbon fiber trunk, hood and wheels. Puts a fpred on it and wants a tune. Gets to the dyno all timing belt slapping 😂

Another one came to I believe the same dyno day after buying this already built Evo. It started knocking on the dyno. He put Seafoam in it two whole weeks before. Was DD it before the dyno too 😂. It took him 4 years to build this hyped up Instagram car. Came out and blew up in 3-4 months 🤦🏻‍♂️. Big turbo car.

I have a ton more

Went to go pickup my black awd talon and the hatch was propped open went to close and the seller says”don’t mess with that it takes forever to get closed again” I figured f-it and bought the car anyways get it home and the hatch cable line at the trunk has like 8 zip ties looped together instead of the metal ball in the latch LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back