The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dumb Cop, Need Advice (I actually didn't do it.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiousECLIPSE

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2004
Mankato-Area, Minnesota
Okay, so I was driving around town with my girlfriend tonight. I dropped her off and then on the way home, I get pulled over. Now, right away, I'm thinking "Wtf?" He comes up to me and asks me for my liscense and stuff, I give it to him. He goes, "Do you know what I pulled you over for?" and I said no. He said someone reported me as running 2 stop signs and a stop light. I asked him if the same person reported all of them. He said yes. Then I said that I didn't run them, because I didn't. Then he kept insisting that I did and asking why I did, so I kept saying I didn't. Then I asked where I ran them and he named places I was at. All of which I stopped for the stop light/signs. Then he goes, "Did you drop your girlfriend off in West Mankato?" and I said yes, but the bullshit alarm went off right there. There was no one around when I dropped her off, which either means someone was driving with their lights off, or someone who has something against me called it in. So then he goes, "What's your major malfunction, man? No, wait, I know what your problem is, you drive an Eagle Talon, your dad should've never even have bought you this car.", he only knows this cause my car is under my dad's name. He gave me a warning and told me I was on his "list". Then he called my dad and said that I was supposed to call him and get right home. So I called my dad and I denied it up and down, because... well... I didn't do it. So we started thinking of things that happened.

#1. The cop was profiling me because of my car and was following me.
#2. Someone I knew and was enemies with called it in.

Either way, it doesn't make sense. Whoever was "following me" didn't have their lights on. The cop obviously had something against my car. He shouldn't be harassing me for something I didn't do and he can't prove. I think the cop was following me, cause he just wanted to scare me. Because, if he saw me run even one stop light/sign, I should've been pulled over, and the person would've called that one in the first time I did it, not follow me to see if I run anymore. It just all doesn't add up.

We're going to call the police tomorrow to talk to the guy and the chief, because this is all bullshit and I'm not going to stand for it.

I'd just like to say that I know there's cops on these boards and I'm not some dumb 16 year old who just thinks all cops are dumb, but cops should be out there arresting people who are driving around drunk and high, not harassing people who haven't done anything wrong.

But what do you think I should do?

You make a very well-mannered post here... it was very easy to read given how long it was.

Anywho, if the cop did not see you do it, he has no proof, the burden of proof is on the cop to prove that you did something wrong, a phone call will not hold up in court. You are on the right track by taking a professional approach to this and calling the police department. Think of it this way, there is no money on the line here, he didn't give you a ticket, but he also had no right to be a dick to you.

There isnt really much you can do. Since you didn't get an actual citation, there is nothing to fight. I would try to drive carefully and obey all traffic laws for a while, because I do believe cops has "lists" because I think I was on it for a while. At least until I put stock taillights on instead of altezza's. But seriously, write it off as a fluke, and dont worry about it.

But that's the exact reason they do that shit, they know they can get away with it. I want him to know that I'm not some dumb kid that he can just push around.

well if you feel the need to pursue it, go for it. My advice would is to be as professional and respectful about the entire thing as possible. You will get alot farther and make more of an impression if you are respectful rather than being as ass and flying off the handle.

I had the same problem with a cop around here. My dad owns a car lot and I got in trouble one night for swapping some peoples lawn furniture around, like swapping it from one porch to one across the street and moving lawn statues and stuff. Anyways, he saw that I had a dealer tag on my car, at the time an 04 bmw, So the cop decided he wanted to be a dick and told me from then on everytime he saw a dealer tag he was pulling it over and if it was me giving me a ticket for driving on it since I didn't work. I guess he thought since I drove a bmw that I was a spoiled kid who didn't work when actually I work there 40 hours a week doing ebay sales, buying cars, etc. Well after this we went down and had a talk with the police chief, then the chief came in and questioned him about it and told him if he ever pulled me over he better have good proof or his but was gonna be in big trouble. The point of all that was just to say i think its a good idea to go down there and let his boss know whats going on for when he does try to give you a ticket and knows not to just pick on you! good luck :thumb:

If you ever see the cop around town while off duty walk up to him, say Hi....then scream o my god there is a huge black widow on your crotch then kick him in the balls as hard as you can...LOL...no not really. I know it will bug you but just let it go. It might not have even been someone you know. Maybe someone was having a bad day saw your car and just got pissed off and called the cops and made shit up. People do stupid shit like that, if the cop keeps harassing you file harassment charges. If he does not just let it go. Remember stress can shorten a person life don't stress over this :thumb:

I'm just wondering what he would've done if I just went, "KING KONG AIN'T GOT NOTHIN ON ME!"

DGajre777 said:
Sounds like another episode of misuse of power and authority :notgood:

Let's keep the stereotypical bullshit out of here. We ALL know about the bad apples of the bunch. We don't need to rehash it everytime someone has an issue to resolve.

Audious, best thing you can do is contact the Chief of Police. Talk to him, be curteous and professional and perhaps you can gain some ground. Best of luck.

how did he know you were dropping off your girlfriend? unless he was following you, and what does it matter if you are driving a talon or not? sounds like profiling to me.

Maybe your girlfriend's dad found out what you've been doing to his daughter OMG

You didn't drop her off after a fight or something did you? I would guess someone did call, you just need to figure out who....

Take it from me i work for a police department. You will not speak to the chief if you call. ask to speak to his supervisor it will probably be a seargent. there is a chain of comand and the chief will be the last person you speak to if it gets that far. the chief does not have time to hear all the complaints. talk to his supervisor and an investigation will be done. and yes proper action will be taken once you file the complaint. Look at the bright side he did not give you a ticket. There is no reason for the officer to be a dick but remember there are always two sides to a story. best of luck

gibby said:
Take it from me i work for a police department. You will not speak to the chief if you call. ask to speak to his supervisor it will probably be a seargent. there is a chain of comand and the chief will be the last person you speak to if it gets that far. the chief does not have time to hear all the complaints. talk to his supervisor and an investigation will be done. and yes proper action will be taken once you file the complaint. Look at the bright side he did not give you a ticket. There is no reason for the officer to be a dick but remember there are always two sides to a story. best of luck

All very good points raised. :thumb:

I just wasted 50 seconds of my life reading that ... You got a warning - go about your way.

miamieclipse said:
I just wasted 50 seconds of my life reading that ... You got a warning - go about your way.

The first part could have been done without. :|

miamieclipse said:

And continue to let the cops give me shit because they can get away with it. Yeah. Right. :rolleyes:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm sure everyone can figure out what FTP means. :D

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

jrod@buschur said:

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

File Transfer Protocol? :D

jrod@buschur said:

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

Free The Prisoners??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back