The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dubuque Area DSMers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been replacing PO's ebay stuff with real goodies. I've got everything I need except a tune, then I finally did a BLT and I hear air hissing through cylinder 4 so compression test etc this week to diagnose and then valves or whatever is needed. This will be my first head removal so it might take me a bit. Pretty bummed but it will get there.
Trying to talk the wife into going to Cordova Sat though.

Oh I'm in Moline too. It's funny how ignorant I was in my post up there ^. Now I know better, that car I asked about was junk. I got a much better one.

Last edited:
I've been replacing PO's ebay stuff with real goodies. I've got everything I need except a tune, then I finally did a BLT and I hear air hissing through cylinder 4 so compression test etc this week to diagnose and then valves or whatever is needed. This will be my first head removal so it might take me a bit. Pretty bummed but it will get there.
Trying to talk the wife into going to Cordova Sat though.

Oh I'm in Moline too. It's funny how ignorant I was in my post up there ^. Now I know better, that car I asked about was junk. I got a much better one.

Ahh, the fun "fix it" game you get left with. I had ran into some similar mind boggling things like "Why?".

Do you need any help with the tune? What are you using to tune? Hoping you don't have to do any bottom end work but honestly don't sweat the head job if you end up having to do it. Take your time with it and follow the manual or whatever write-up you plan to use. The first time does feel intimidating because you don't want to mess anything up, but once it's all said and done you'll look back and think "that wasn't too bad".

I'm hoping more DSM's show up to the test and tune, or just good overall attendance.

It'll be a really nice day so I think folks will come out. I will be there and find you to say hi. Trying to get my dad there (built LT1 35th anniversary camero). I see lots of DSMs in the QC but I don't think many are really 'track ready'.

My car is not too bad but for some reason someone thought it prudent to smear Every gasket surface with RTV. So tired of scraping that crap off! Hours and hours.

I have Link but really haven't gotten into it yet, just basics, trying to get idle sorted out, etc. That said I will need help and unless someone can walk me through it I planned on taking it to Boostin.

I know all about the "that wasn't so bad" feeling. Before this I was very green will engines.. I was checking valve cover bolt hole threads and dropped the damn bolt through the head and into the pan :ohdamn: that's OK, the oil pan with Gasket and 3 tubes of RTV was leaking anyway, but I thought it was the end of the world. Now, eh, not so bad :cool:. I'm still looking for a good guide for the head removal but it seems straightforward. I'm just nervous because I'm changing so much at once.

Ahh, the fun "fix it" game you get left with.

How'd you do? I hope y'all left with everything in tact. Wish I could have stayed longer to see everyone run. The older guy Tom (my name too) I've know for a couple years and he's a good guy, he has 4 DSMs I believe. But that other kid.. I hope he's not on here because.. What a fool. "Yeah, I dropped the drive shaft to see what it'll do FWD in
the 1/4".:banghead: Tom let him tune his Laser. :confused:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

How'd you do? I hope y'all left with everything in tact. Wish I could have stayed longer to see everyone run. The older guy Tom (my name too) I've know for a couple years and he's a good guy, he has 4 DSMs I believe. But that other kid.. I hope he's not on here because.. What a fool. "Yeah, I dropped the drive shaft to see what it'll do FWD in the 1/4".:banghead: Tom let him tune his Laser. :confused:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Oh, don't even get me started on that kid. First red flag for me was him not having a drivers license. Haha. He had universal radiator hose for inter-cooler piping... I was baffled. But I do agree that Tom seemed pretty cool.

I didn't get any good runs in. It was packed so I only got 2 in anyhow. Clutch was slipping the whole time so i couldn't WOT at all. On my second run I babied the launch then it actually held through all of first (which felt spectacular) but slipped the rest. I'm going to pull the tranny and see whats going on in there. I suspect either an improperly machined flywheel or cursed by black magic.

It was still a fun day overall. Glad you could make it out and hopefully we'll be able to meet up soon and go for a cruise or a test and tune. Like I said before, definitely feel free to get in contact with me if you need help with anything.

:talon::dsm::laser:

Figured I would update this post being its been a few years. Myself and 3 buddies with dsm's are located in northeast iowa by Prarrie Du Chien. Have been in the dsm world for 10+ years and within our group have owned 25+ dsms's and have a lot of spair parts and knowledge. We are always looking for new people to meet.

My buddies putting back together his 3k in prairie. He hasn't been on the site in years. His name is Jeff if you know anyone from prairie. Might be a few Jeff's but he has a 3kgt, that should narrow it down, maybe.

Do not know him. We know quite a few car guys and there is a car club from prarrie. We do not do much with them though as they are more about stance and looks and we like building cars to race.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back