The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dual Piston Caliper Info and Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The stock brakes on the 2G DSMs are already very good in my opinion. If your moderately modded NA or have a GST I don't really see any reason to do this upgrade because its a little overkill.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The main reason I did this was because I was able to fade my brakes after spirited driving on tracks and mountain runs. But they weren't faded that bad, now I have a Star Stage II and I was barely able to fade my stock brakes. The only mods I had done was a rear disc conversion with stock rotors and pads and stock fronts with metal master pads. With just the brake pads the braking was good enough but under extreme conditions they weren't enough so I decided to upgrade everything so I could have a little margin of safety. So like I said if a road racer like me can barely fade metal masters then your wasting your money on anything less.

Now on to the information:
The Dual Piston caliper has about 20% more braking surface and has bigger rotors which will help you prevent fading and increase brake response and power.

Look at the difference in size between the new and the old rotors. (DPC Rotors on the left and Stock rotor on the right)

The setup I'm running right now is:
Stock Brake pads all around (like 50 bux)
Front 3000GT SL Calipers (about 100 from boneyard)
J Speed Front GSX Slotted/drilled rotors (get em from www.rsversion.com for 70 bux!
Race Concepts Slotted/Drilled Rear brake rotors (80 bux)
Rear Drum to Disc Conversion (80 bux from boneyard)
RRE Custom SS brake lines (about 80 bux from RRE)
Motul 600 Racing Brakefluid

PROS:
With this setup and only using stock pads it brakes very well and resists fade very well. For GST and TSis your cars are heavier so it'll probably fade faster but for RSs or GSs I think these brakes will be able to withstand the most severe of condition and track conditions.

I took them to buttonwillow racepark and the only time I was able to fade them was to consecutively do left foot braking to pull chain drifts which is asking a lot from the brakes. Imagine how much better they will do with aftermarket performance pads!

Simply awesome, so for a cheap brake upgrade this is well worth it. It cost me around 300 to do just the front.

You can find the calipers and even rotors in a salvage yard which will save you big bux!

CONS:
A draw back to this is the weight though, the DPCs weigh more than stock brakes, but I think it's a good sacrifice for braking performance, if you light and powerful brakes you'll have to looks at those expensive aluminum racing calipers like wilwood or baer make which costs WAY more than this setup.

Another draw back is that you will not be able to use your stock 14s with these which I ditched long ago. I believe 15s will fit but I don't know of any DSM wheel that is a 15, 16s definately fit and look great with these.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back