The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

DSMtuners is 20 years old this month.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I somewhat miss the DSMTalk vs Tuners rivalry. It got stupid sometimes but honestly, what siblings don’t fight? There was no talk vs tuners drama at the shootout as were all here for the DSMs. I miss it in the sense that it was at the height of the DSM world.

As a DSMTalk guy, guess tooners had the last laugh(I say completely with love and humor. No shade at anyone.)

As a DSMTalk guy, guess tooners had the last laugh (I say completely with love and humor. No shade at anyone.)
👆 🙂 Appreciate that Cory, that means a lot coming from a DSMtalk guy.

And the same goes for everyone else who has chimed in. Extremely grateful and glad that you've found this sandbox useful. You guys have shaped it into what it is. Thank you.

I am glad this forum exists and compared to others I've tried using, this one is by far the best one and easiest to navigate. I will always be a member and help support this community. Makes me surprised to even think I've been involved with these cars for 18 years now. Seems like just yesterday I was thinking the same thing being with them for only 10 years. This is a great community and I never want to see it go away.

I am an old time member here but did spend probably way too much of my time earlier on DSMTalk and Team NABR but this has always been a cool collected place with good resources. Congrats Chris. Viva DSMTuners. Here is to another 20? 50 years? Hopefully we will be modding DSMs to fly (actually FLY) then and our kids will continue holding the torch...:)

Thank you Chris. I joined in 2003, sold my laser, some 15 years ago. I have been DSM less until last year. I knew I would be back someday. It was amazing I remembered my l user name and password.
That's a pretty good memory!

Those were the good ole days. While I missed the first year and a half, I don't even want to admit how many hours I was spending on this forum every day in 2004-2006. :) Always and forever my favorite DSM forum.
And you chose an excellent day of the year to register too, Paul. :D 🎂

Gosh, the time has flown, just like that 20 years have come and gone. I was on DSMTalk first, and had made an account around 2002 here, then remade my account a bit later, but I've been in this game for about 20 years. Had a few over that time, my 91 FWD TSI Talon, 91 AWD auto GSX, 92 GVR4 and my current 99 GSX purchased from an old moderator on DSMTalk, Jon Polhamus, 99mmcgsx.

Gosh, I just jumped on DSMTalk for the heck of it.... dead as a doornail over there. Sad, considering what it was in it's hey day. I even posted on a 19 year old thread just for kicks LOL, https://www.dsmtalk.com/threads/99mmcgsx-you-sold.70725/#post-622026 .

Here was the first picture of when I purchased it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Me too! Well deserved Chris!
It looks like my White 90 GSX!!!!
Hell 20 years ago, I was almost 40 and had never ever heard of these cars, but I sure wish I had! :thumb:

Wow, time flies. I was also a DSMtalk guy back in the early/mid 2000s but clearly Tuners evolved much better and kept things alive. Thank you to everyone involved in that process and here's to 20 more...

Hard to believe my one and only car for the last 22 years is a 1999 Eclipse GST which I bought new. I've always done all my own work on it. I'm now 70 yrs old and am still driving it! I've rebuilt the tranny 3 times myself but have yet to have the head off (not even for valve stem seals install I did myself). I've learned how to do many things from this site (eg. my tranny rebuild, valve stem seals w/o head removal, etc) as well as helped others with lots of stuff (especially electrical problems).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back