The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSM's in Colorado?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went by the show at the stadium. Didn’t see a single T/E/L. A few 3kGTs and GTOs, handful of EVOs and alot of everything else. Was really cool and if there is a show or two more before winter strikes and I have my car, I’ll put it her in the show.

Next year when good weather rolls around again it will be nice to get some DSMs together for some of the shows and meets.

Well @Jairo97talon called it LOL looks like it'll be a few more days till I get it back...I've heard nothing but amazing things about them, I sure hope this 2 month wait is worth it..
LOL Well hopefully you get it back soon, it’s just part of taking your car to a shop you head great things as well as bad things. I guess some people get the short end of the straw at performance shops.I think you’ll be happy at the end, well at least I hope so

LOL Well hopefully you get it back soon, it’s just part of taking your car to a shop you head great things as well as bad things. I guess some people get the short end of the straw at performance shops.I think you’ll be happy at the end, well at least I hope so
yeah, i mean i know you know more than i do about that place, im holding onto the little bit of hope i had from all the good things my friends have said over the years. but on a happier side note my wife was like "OMG really? you arent getting your car back yet?!, you just need to buy your own tools and do the work yourself" LOL the fact that she gave me permission to buy a bunch of tools and a new tool box means i married the right one LOL so thats a plus! time to start wrenchin boys!!!

Bailed cause I’m not paying $20 to look at cars, I can do that at C&C and other events for free 🤣
yeah i can look at cars on IG and Facebook or google images for free LOL plus i was butt hurt cause i didnt have my car back so i said screw it. although, from what i saw on IG they had a good 2-step contest?

ICraveBoost down in Denver, they do amazing work and are incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to DSM's/EVO's but they are so short staffed that i ended up getting the short end of the stick and what was supposed to take a few days has taken 2 months LOL its hard to get mad cause they are so short staffed and i dont know anyone else who knows as much as they do with DSM's so?...i just want my baby back :cry::banghead:
There are people who know more than they do still around.

yeah, i mean i know you know more than i do about that place, im holding onto the little bit of hope i had from all the good things my friends have said over the years. but on a happier side note my wife was like "OMG really? you arent getting your car back yet?!, you just need to buy your own tools and do the work yourself" LOL the fact that she gave me permission to buy a bunch of tools and a new tool box means i married the right one LOL so thats a plus! time to start wrenchin boys!!!
Yeah I mean, when I was there I was the dsm guy.... and I have only owned mine for like 4 years sooo :idontknow: Thats why I do everything my self

I think there is a shop out in Aurora that messes with 4g63s. FSI Motorsports. Was considering dropping by there to check their vibe soon.

485 Designs isn’t afraid to mess with them, but they are more of a fabrication shop. I plan on having them do my exhaust and air to water set up in the future.

Yeah I mean, when I was there I was the dsm guy.... and I have only owned mine for like 4 years sooo :idontknow: Thats why I do everything my self
so how about i just pay you then to come and teach me? LOL, time and knowledge are always worth paying for, all the hard stuff is done and over with now, all i need is some suspension components, breaks and tires. all the major power adders and tune are done now LOL plus now that i got the "okay" from my wife, im about to drop a few $100s on new tools so i can start doing work myself. i wanna be like guys on here i read about who do all their own work and do a great job like @JeffGS-T97 and @biglady112 knowledge like that is worth paying for LOL

This guy. And I assure you I have been doing it far longer than he has even known about the platform. You don’t have to have a store front to be the top dog.
you also dont live too far from me i think? I live off I70 and Pena (10min from DIA). so should i hit you up next time i need some advice/work on this car? :D

This guy. And I assure you I have been doing it far longer than he has even known about the platform. You don’t have to have a store front to be the top dog.
paying for someones time and knowledge is worth every penny, especially if it eventually saves me on $1000s on labor costs LOL its why i went back to school for nutrition and personal training, now i never have to pay for meal plans/work outs ever again. i could pay to have the work done, or pay for someone's knowledge and learn along the way

For what it's worth, "this guy" did some tuning on my car (highway pulls) when I lived out in CO. He's pretty handy when it comes to this platform. Don't know how many cars he's blown up but he seems to know what he's doing LOL

For what it's worth, "this guy" did some tuning on my car (highway pulls) when I lived out in CO. He's pretty handy when it comes to this platform. Don't know how many cars he's blown up but he seems to know what he's doing LOL
well ive been told buy quite a few on here that he knows his stuff so, so just by word of mouth, i trust him LOL

Engine failures are not part of my program. I also have expanded far beyond the 4g63 platform. Which in turn has only enhanced everything I touch. I continue to learn and you can imagine what I have learned in the ten years since I helped Chris. Let alone the past 23 years.

With that said, my time isn’t free. It vastly beats anyone around however. I don’t give out advice anymore as you can see by my traffic here. I am happy to guide a customer. However, basic mechanic questions I am not interested in. I feel over the past two decades I have earned the right to be paid for my knowledge.

At the end of the day, there are still some old guys around. I have not owned a Mitsubishi for personal use in over 10 years. I do still find a way to use parts from them to build all my oddball cars(dsmlink in a ford Festiva, dsmlink in a Mercedes’, 4g63 in a 1947 dodge truck and so on).

Engine failures are not part of my program. I also have expanded far beyond the 4g63 platform. Which in turn has only enhanced everything I touch. I continue to learn and you can imagine what I have learned in the ten years since I helped Chris. Let alone the past 23 years.

With that said, my time isn’t free. It vastly beats anyone around however. I don’t give out advice anymore as you can see by my traffic here. I am happy to guide a customer. However, basic mechanic questions I am not interested in. I feel over the past two decades I have earned the right to be paid for my knowledge.

At the end of the day, there are still some old guys around. I have not owned a Mitsubishi for personal use in over 10 years. I do still find a way to use parts from them to build all my oddball cars(dsmlink in a ford Festiva, dsmlink in a Mercedes’, 4g63 in a 1947 dodge truck and so on).
Well then I will most definitely keep that info handy! It's good to know there's still knowledgeable DSM people out there you can trust.

I may be reaching out to you soon to hire you for tuning. Is it okay to send you a PM when I know for sure that ill be in need of your services?

I may be reaching out to you soon to hire you for tuning. Is it okay to send you a PM when I know for sure that ill be in need of your services?
That sounds fine. Plenty of guys do though, only to never go through with it. I am here if you need however.

That sounds fine. Plenty of guys do though, only to never go through with it. I am here if you need however.
I don’t have many options as most of the shops ive reached out too just don’t respond and the ones I’ve spoken with won’t touch DSMlink.

The shop I just picked my car up from will, but after dealing with them and having to go back over some of their work. I just don’t trust them to do anything further to my car..

Last edited:
I don’t have many options as most of the shops ive reached out too just don’t respond and the ones I’ve spoken with won’t touch DSMlink.

The shop I just picked my car up from will, but after dealing with them and having to go back over some of their work. I just don’t trust them to do anything further to my car..
All of that sounds about normal these days. Or for the past 10-15 years really. Not that dsmlink is difficult but, most locals shops have never really embraced it.

Just came across this thread, checking in from Colorado Springs. Grew up here, moved to CA for college, stayed there for a few decades, moved back into town about a year and a half ago. Surprisingly I've been enjoying the car scene down here in the Springs (there's multiple meets every Friday night...lots of bozos but if you look around you'll find people with really nice cars that know what they're doing).

One thing I'm looking for here is some good driving roads. While there's plenty of mountains around here, there's practically no paved roads going through them close to the West side of Colorado Springs (there's a couple great looking roads but they're either gated private communities or state park roads with lots of foot and bike traffic that are gated off at night). I know of a couple good roads way out once you get to Divide, but I'm wondering if there's anything closer. I'm going to check out Jarre Canyon Road sometime soon just West of Castle Rock. If anyone knows of some good roads that aren't 2+ hours away from the Springs it'd be great to hear! One of the few things I miss about SoCal is the canyon roads. SOOOOO many great driving roads within an hour's drive of LA and OC!

I've run into a couple DSM and Starion/Conqest guys at the Friday meets here. Always interested in meeting some more. I'm busy this weekend but if anybody is around let's meet up and go cruising. Still some warm weeks left this year!

Also, I have a question. Jack's is building me a new transmission and I'm curious if there's a good shop around town here that can look at my flywheel, turn it if there's enough material, and also look at my pressure plate. I definitely need a new clutch disc but don't want to replace everything if I don't have to.

Thanks!

The Scenic Highway of Legends.

There are only a few byways west of the springs. Very few. You are kind of at the end of that mountain range unfortunately. Everything is north of you and there are canyon access roads all the way to Wyoming. You have to drive. Plain and simple.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back