The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSMs imports or domestic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddy186

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2004
Sicklerville, New_Jersey
Ok i have read on here before that dsms were all domestic exept for the turbo motors that come from Japan. Well this kid I know keeps telling me they are imports and its really bothering the shit out of me. I want to show him up. If you know anything about dsms being domestic or imports please post your info/opinion. If possible post some proof of this so I can finally put this issue to rest. Lets shed a little respect on the DSM community :thumb:

dsm are american build cars with japanese parts for the engine.

no not this again :|

just let it be , people will bullshit and tell crap all the time , no need to worry about where the hell other peole think your car was made ...

just tell him his tv is an import , his Ikea table, salt shaker are imports , and more then half his shit made in china and also.. to f*ck off , just make him look at the sticker inside your door jam , it will proudly say made in us ( cant remember the state illinois or ohio I think )

I do remember reading one time someone saying on these boards that these cars are Federally classified as a domestic. Anyways, I know that they are built right down south of me in Normal, Illinois. :thumb:

Edit: What kinda car does he have, becuase although your eclipse may be an "import", it was made right here in the us, if he has a Ford or some other companies chances are good it was made in Mexico, that should shut him up. :cool:

They are a percentage import. I remember like 2 weeks ago when the old owner passed ove r his records and I found the sticker from the original dealership and it said like 26% japanese or some shit like that. I will have to pull it out tomorrow.

B005T3DT5i said:
impoormestics is the correct term...LOL
HAHAHAHA I like that one :p . By the way he drives a riced out celica.AKA park bench wing, stickers galore, unpainted body kit and wing, no offense to anyone I mean its ok to not have money to get it painted but its been like that for like a year :rolleyes: I know I shouldnt let it get to me but I want to shut him the #### up once and for all. Plus im curious.
BTW...all this coming from a kid who got called out a ricer on a celica forum :laugh:

who the fvck cares, a car is a car, import or domestic.

only the closed minded big time "domestics" like stangs and camaro's think of us as imports, but then again id rather get my parts from japan than mexico(cough mustang cough). but then again on the other hand, only the dumbest of people would consider us a import, just cause one of our slower siblings is a ever so popular canvas for ricerdom in the "sport compact" market.

its my car, i like it, its fast, its hot, chicks dig it and its fast. nuff' said.

Open your door for him, it says Made in USA right thier on your driver side door right above the date it was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back