The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSMs how much power to play with bikes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's all about power-to-weight ratio as stated when you're talking about drag racing.

On top speed runs, it's all drag limited, and guts (speaking about the bike rider).

CYrUs0k5 said:
dsmlink launch limiter next to them pinging 5k doesn't help them concentrate.

:D . A good "Picture this" moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Project TSI, that's a nice set-up you had/have when you raced the 02 TL1000S. But even tho that is technically a "1000cc" bike, its no where close to a true 1000cc sportbike like a R1, 10R, GSXR1000, or CBR1000. TL's are heavy as shit but they are Vtwins so they do have a nice early power curve but after that they tend to fade up top(in stock form). I have a 2002 GSXR 1000 also like someone else here has and when I got it, I ran a 10.2 at 143mph with just a slip on pipe and I suck compared to some riders. Liter bikes and up are crazy hard to launch due to instant wheelieing but once your able to control that they're really isn't much left but to hold the phuck on. 600's are a different story and are alot easieer to launch. I would have to agree that it would be easier to beat a 600 from a roll rather than from a dig. Tho the new 600s are alot better and different than the old ones and seem to pull alot better up top than before. As far as bikes loosing there drag, I believe that doesn't really come into affect until 130+ mph and usually by then most races are over. Personally I love when a car tries to race me on my bike when I'm on the street. The only thing better than being in a car pulling away from a bike and watching it in your rear view, is being on a bike and wheeling past a car as your honking the horn and waving at who is trying to race you. The looks on their faces is priceless.:tease:

c5chris said:
It's all about power-to-weight ratio as stated when you're talking about drag racing.

On top speed runs, it's all drag limited, and guts (speaking about the bike rider).

Chris dont forget about gearing and Hp are also things needed...

GSTwkd said:
Project TSI, that's a nice set-up you had/have when you raced the 02 TL1000S. But even tho that is technically a "1000cc" bike, its no where close to a true 1000cc sportbike like a R1, 10R, GSXR1000, or CBR1000. TL's are heavy as shit but they are Vtwins so they do have a nice early power curve but after that they tend to fade up top(in stock form). I have a 2002 GSXR 1000 also like someone else here has and when I got it, I ran a 10.2 at 143mph with just a slip on pipe and I suck compared to some riders. Liter bikes and up are crazy hard to launch due to instant wheelieing but once your able to control that they're really isn't much left but to hold the phuck on. 600's are a different story and are alot easieer to launch. I would have to agree that it would be easier to beat a 600 from a roll rather than from a dig. Tho the new 600s are alot better and different than the old ones and seem to pull alot better up top than before. As far as bikes loosing there drag, I believe that doesn't really come into affect until 130+ mph and usually by then most races are over. Personally I love when a car tries to race me on my bike when I'm on the street. The only thing better than being in a car pulling away from a bike and watching it in your rear view, is being on a bike and wheeling past a car as your honking the horn and waving at who is trying to race you. The looks on their faces is priceless.:tease:

.....*giggle giggle* I want a bike!

"what is it about driving cars that makes you guys such *****"

sorry....i had to say it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back