The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

DSM's Biggest Rival?

What type of car is a DSM's biggest rival?

• Dodge Neon SRT-4

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Subaru Impreza WRX

Votes: 165 58.3%
  • Chevrolet Camaro

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • Ford Mustang

Votes: 43 15.2%
  • Honda Civic

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • None of these! (Post Below)

Votes: 13 4.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Tallen
AWD- the wrx is the top rival
FWD- srt-4 is top rival
N/T- honda/acura/ other n/a's

True, but honda/acuras have HUGE aftermarket support. While most are the simple ricers that have no performance parts on them, many are very worthy opponents with superchargers and turbos. Friend I have has a B20 (I think (Civic Si JDM eng)) engine and is getting a turbo kit for it..Helping him install it soon, hoping it will be nice.

well im n/t so for me my bigest fear is a turbo eclipse. as for the turbo guys i think their rival should be the new evolution. no one metioned it yet and i think we should compare mitsu w/ mitsu. oh yeah, skylines own us all.

sorry but for all the WRX's out there the new Lancers would kill them and out cars. its got the 4g63 engine with beter tuning and turbo.

really i like the WRX beter than the lancer but the lancer would flat out beat our car and the WRX and most other cars on that list easily. the onle cars it MIGHT not beat would be a 5.0 mustang or a LS1/WS6 trans am w/ 6speed.

-mike:dsm:

Originally posted by AdrenilineCrash
sorry but for all the WRX's out there the new Lancers would kill them and out cars. its got the 4g63 engine with beter tuning and turbo.

really i like the WRX beter than the lancer but the lancer would flat out beat our car and the WRX and most other cars on that list easily. the onle cars it MIGHT not beat would be a 5.0 mustang or a LS1/WS6 trans am w/ 6speed.

-mike:dsm:

Didn't include the EVO because it is like including other GSX's kinda. I meant other makes of cars.

i would pick a z28 camaro or ss but that is comparing apples to oranges the only one in that category that is a real comparison is the wrx my buddy has one and has had his ass handed to him by a transam ws6 pkg, although the ws6 didnt have anything to do w/ that b/c it is just a suspension pkg........

you forgot the 2 big ones~!

Turbo Mr2
and 240sx with sr20det.

there the only cars that come close to responsive of mods and strong engines. both can take well over 350hp on stock insides

yeah, s13 240sx with an SR20DET in it :drool:

that is going to be my next ride

4.6 Mustangs are #1. I LOVE spanking those guys.

Civic's aren't in the same house. I know guys with T3/T4 GSR hybrid setups that won't run against me. Most Civics don't even belong in the same category unless they have some form of forced induction that brings WHP up past 250.

Rex's are great, but a pain in the a$$ to work on and modify. The computer is far too intrusive.

F-Body's are a lot of fun. It's the only car on this list that I would even consider being superior to a DSM.

Matt.

my best friend has an all motor civic hatch 92-95 style...has a "GS-Rukidding me" in it...but its fast...mainly because its so damn light..weighs about 1800 w/ my friend in it...fully gutted, one piece fiberglass front end...it walks cars like crazy..it took out my friends 420a turbo that runs 12s on the freeway...it also walked a couple of juiced cars...i ran it from a highway roll and got my ass handed to me...but yeah, he bought it from cali and had it shipped here...at cali it ran 12.4 ...after he got done putting the skunk2 ecu and all that other BS like vtec controller he said it shoulda ran high11s...too bad he spun the motor past 9k rpm racing a guy and trying to change CDs..melted and totally BLEW UP number 2 or 3....found pieces of the piston in the intake manifold..haha...oh well...pz

oh yeah, and he put in a LS motor in there for now until he gets another b16 motor (thats the 1.6 right?) ...street driven daily driver but no where close to street legal..pz

jus goes to show u that u dont need to have turbo to hang w/ our cars, granted theres about 16k in it, but sh!t..speed is speed...pz

So much anger.

You've left out most of the euro contenders though:

Audi S4 (both 20v and biturbo)
BMW M3 (E30 with forced induction + all others)
Porsche 944 turbo (the 86-87 ones are pretty affordable these days)
VW Corrado (both VR6 and the G60)

Most of these are worthy kills. The G60 is relatively easy, as is a non-worked E30 M3. The VR6 is a bit more of a stretch. You'll almost always take the 944 off the line (they have great traction, but the cost of clutch repairs tends to make 944 owners launch gently - watch them haul you in once they're hooked and moving though). Try to get the guy in the E46 M3 to spill his latte or taunt him about his bottom end falling out, otherwise you're toast.

(You can tell I live in an area overpopulated with yuppy swine. There's an Aston Martin DB7 downstairs that I'd be honoured to lose to, but he works the wrong hours...)

In my opinion i think a civic would kill a wrx and a dsm any day.
h22turbo or B20vtec tubo + 92-94 vx civic = unbeatable

i don't know, i would have to pick the wrx for the awd and the neon srt-4 for fwd.

Anyway, a supra wouldn't be in the same catagory would it? I would consider it more of in the catagory as a 3000gt, or the other twin turbo v6 cars.

I voted "Mustangs" :D

Originally posted by Enraged78
4.6 Mustangs are #1. I LOVE spanking those guys.
My little 4.6 could "hang" :thumb:

Stock with CAI and Flowmaster Catback

you guys put their cars in a glorified position because they do swaps how about us.... 1.8 body fully gutted with the 4g63... 2.4 liter block bored to 2.7 liter fully built FMIC t3/t4 set up ... all supporting mods set at a good 30 psi bye bye bye H22 TURBO CIVIC OR B16 TURBO CIVIC OMG OMG

C'mon 5.7l LS1 all the way:thumb:
or 5.7l LT1.

fast stock (mid to low 13's) responds well to mods, and plenty of Displacement to play with:thumb:

Edit: whoa just looked over the thread and saw Mizundastood not givin love to the F-Bodies here. must be a sign of the apocolypse of somethin:p

I gotta go with 5.0s. They talk up their cars as much as most dsmers... I never see wrx's with any balls, maybe that is just NE though.

ummm..... do you mean biggest rival in sales and design or on the street?

The LS1 Camaro is the biggest rival, for what it lacks on handling it makes up for in raw power, take a look at it's SCCA T2 Laptimes then compare them to the WRX, the WRX is not even close.

hm, how do you guys consider a 6 cyclinder a rival to a 4 cyclinder? They arn't even really in the same league are they? I know they are imports, but that is sorta like saying a geo metro's rival is a camaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back