The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM's are the king of....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashed97tsi

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2002
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
There is really only one thing that really pisses me off about my Talon. If I EVER drop a nut or bolt, forget it the ####ing thing is gone. I have never had a car that could consistently eat hardware like these cars. Like last night for instance, putting on my Intake manifold. I dropped one of the 14 mm bolts, and from the sound of it it only fell a little bit. So I started searching everything, the starter, tranny, subframe, etc. After 4 hours I hadn't found a trace of the bolt or the 18 others that I have lost in the same spot. Where the hell are these things going?

Sorry, this is the most worthless post ever, just needed to vent.

Try working on a Viper.

Regards,

It's all about the expectant silence that occurs when everyone hears the first *clink* of a dropped bolt or socket. If you're lucky, you'll hear another, and another, and finally a *clunk* of the part hitting the concrete floor. The worst is when it goes *clink*, *clink*, *clink*...

It's like on the Price is Right where you go, "Gentlemen, do I have all 5 numbers right?!" and you wait, and wait, and wait, and finally it dawns on you that you're fvcked. :D

imagine workin on ajet...YOu CANT drop anything...whatever you drop you have to find...no mnatter what

thats why I have a magnet extension on hand. Found my bolts EVERYTIME! :thumb:

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 392
  • mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 393
MyBlack94GST said:
"Gentlemen, do I have all 5 numbers right?!"

Actually it's "ladies." :p

I was changing my oil the other day, and I glanced up at the bottom of the radiator shroud, and I saw a little twig stuck in it. I pulled out the twig, and out drops one of the little bolts that has 1800 identical twins everywhere in the engine bay. I'm pretty sure I didn't drop it there, so it was either the previous owner or a mechanic. It was an odd surprise.

97GS-TSpyder said:
imagine workin on ajet...YOu CANT drop anything...whatever you drop you have to find...no mnatter what

Tell me about it. I had one land IN a wiring harness on an F-16....took hours and hours to find. QA was all over my arse about it.

Funny thing was it only fell about 3 inches but nobody thought it could have wedged itself into a wiring harness.

We found a pencil stuck in one of the ejection mechanisms once...glad nobody had to punch out. And it was a whole pencil that the pilot forgot he dropped.

What is worse is when you drop a washer on the flightline on a windy day....next thing you know you have 25 people out scouring the entire ramp.

When replacing my FMIC I took the bumperr off and a 10mm wrench I was looking for fell out. Must have been stuck in there for 3 months at least.

Trips to the dealership...LOL. Damn broken bolts. :laugh:

Davidle said:

yeah I have that one and the one with the bendable body and orange handle craftsman makes. The're really useful, but they never helped me find one bolt.

crashed97tsi said:
yeah I have that one and the one with the bendable body and orange handle craftsman makes. The're really useful, but they never helped me find one bolt.

LOL. that sucks. Next time, just tie a floss string around the bolt, and bolt it on. Then after its on, you can cut it :thumb: :laugh:

J/K

When i put the gs to gs-t wing on my car i droped a bolt inside the hatch and heard it roll about all the way up to where the washer fluid sprays out. me and my friend tried for about an hour to get the thing out with one of those magnetic grabbers. We gave up so now i hear it rolling around in there till i can get a real big magnet and pull the thing through the hatch. :cry:

Davidle said:
LOL. that sucks. Next time, just tie a floss string on the bolt, and bolt it on. Then after its on, you can cut it :thumb: :laugh:

J/K

:laugh: :laugh:

Best idea ever :thumb:

L2RTSiAWD said:
When replacing my FMIC I took the bumperr off and a 10mm wrench I was looking for fell out. Must have been stuck in there for 3 months at least.

I've recovered 3 10mm wrenches while driving down my street.

leet said:
I've recovered 3 10mm wrenches while driving down my street.

I've gotten a pair of vice grips back after taking a little drive.

Davidle said:
I have that and the magentic bowl. I never lose bolts anymore, I just snap them due to over torquing(gotta find a smaller torque wrench :mad: )

i lost a 10/12 mm fitting wrench wile replacing my clutch master cylinder, i found it a year later when i had to drop my tranny to replace the clutch. :p
p.s. i keep loosing my 10 and 12 mm anything,wrenches ,short sockets, long sockets. i think im just gonna buy them by the dozen at the swap shop. :D :laser: :talon: :dsm:
p.s.s i also keep loosing that magnet no matter how big and expensive i buy it.

You know whats really cute? I was doing my 14b Swap this last month and I just recently put it all back together.

I LOOOVE about DSMs when you take them apart and then once you get them ALL back together, you look over and here is this coffee can filled with 10/12/14mm Bolts , and you look EVERYWHERE to find where they came out of but you just cant do it.

I finished putting the 14b in and getting my car all back togther and I had a little pan loaded with bolts still and my brother picks it up and goes "Uhhh dude, what are these from"

and after starring at my enginebay puzzelingly for atleast 10 minutes I looked back to him and replied ".......I dunno" and went back to putting Radiator fluid in the car.

i was working on my tbird one day, replacing the IAC valve in the back of the engine, when one of the bolts fell and never hit the ground. i thought it was on te tranny, but i basically god under the car and bear hugged and felt up that whole tranny for about an hour(i really needed that bolt). so i gave up and went next door to get the magnet wand thingies. after feeling up the whole front of the car, i thought about it for a second. then stuck the prod between the intake runners right inside the valley of the V, and did some wiggling and BAM found the bolt. that car ate a whole lot more things than the DSM does. somewhere in that car under the floor or something is one of my 1/2" wrenches with the dam 10mm socket and 1/2" extension.

only thing ive done bad is i was doing somethin under the hood, and i mustve left a wrench in there. took the car for a spin(a fast one) and at about 80 i hear a *bling*, *ding* , *BAM* and i looked in the rear mirror to see a extension flying about the road.

I had a 14mm wrench between my radiator and ac condenser for about 2 months...

Try losing a transfer case bolt, the things are the size of a big hot dog... Dont' know how I lost it, but I did...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back