The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSMs and Airbags

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini zilo

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2006
Chicago, Illinois
Ok well today I was driving around and stopped at a gas station. I stopped and put the car in neutral, turned the lights off and then took the key out. As soon as the key came out, the horn turned on out of nowhere. My horn has not worked in about 6-7 weeks.

Anyways, everyone at the gas station was looking at me because my car was just sitting there with the horn blasting.

I decided to head over to an abandoned road nearby to try and diagnose the problem without people being annoyed by the horn.

I soon discovered that this horn problem only happened if I shut the car off in neutral, and turned the lights off. If it was in park, or if the lights were on, nothing would happen.

So I had my video camera with me and I decided to make a video of this bizarre wiring issue and figured I would post it for a few laughs. Well, I had no idea what was about to happen. I recorded the video thinking that I was just having a horn problem. Little did I know that the fcuking AIRBAG was going to go off!!

Just watch the video...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xd9Y95gswcU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xd9Y95gswcU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Now I have bigger problems, unfortunately. :(

what causes the airbags to deploy? I have heard that they don't deploy unless you are going a certain speed, but I was sitting still.

LOL Dude you got to get that wiring problem fixed because it could happen again. You were lucky it wasn't the drivers side airbag that went off, but it would have been a lot funnier though.

Wow that is really crazy. I realy hope that doesnt happen to me when im working on my wiring this weekend

I had to laugh... Sorry to see that though.

i had something similar happen to me, i had my front bumper off working the car and the pass air bag just blew the car had been sitting for about a month, it took out the windshield when it went

Airbags are no joke and can wreck havoc if they hit you the wrong way :sosad:

Nevermind the facebomb, did you get the video camera back out of your eye socket?

I think everyone here's already heard my thoughts on those goddamned Morton-Thiokol payoff rockets.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back