The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSMRacer Game

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILLiCliPSE

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 11, 2003
Boynton Beach, Florida
Any c++ Programmers here interested in starting a project :D

Im thinking a DSM racing game with 1g and 2g turbo and non turbo cars, then have real life upgrades with real life results (star hahn aem unorthodox hks greddy etc)

We will need so programmers and modelers.

All sounds should be recorded using real cars, bov's etc

Any input is appreciated

Mike

Damit!!!! If i was C++ Certified I would definately help.

I'm just learning C. If I thought I knew where to even begin I'd help.

How long did it take you to learn c++?????

Originally posted by TurBoGs-T
How long did it take you to learn c++?????

Ive been programming for 3 years now, just finished advanced placement college programming class while in 11th grade.

What about java??? :D

This might be easier if we modified an existing game.

Games I could think of to modify:

Live for Speed - www.liveforspeed.net (realistic physics, excellent graphics, very extensibible modification engine already built in)

Pro Race Driver - www.codemasters.com/proracedriver/
(excellent graphics, already has a 2G talon model that could be modded to an Eclipse, decent physics)

Racer - www.racer.nl
(best candidate - EASY to customize & build cars, tracks, physics for, I believe the entire source code is available as well)

Modifying an existing game would mean that we wouldn't have to create an engine from scratch, which would make things much easier, and we could instead focus on what we really want, to create a true DSM simulation game. We'd obviously still need coders, modellers, etc. Racer uses XML code to create models and extensions, but that's not that hard to do.

Check these titles out, especially Live For Speed & Racer, since they're both freely available and have the best potential, I think.

(Can you tell I'm interested? )

More on the topic of modifying racer -

There is already a 2G Eclipse model made, although it's physics are pretty crappy and it's based on the "Fast & Furious" Eclipse:

Check it out here(white car with EVO kit) and here (F&F green version).

We could probably make pretty good headway modifying this to suit our needs, unless we wanted to make a new model from scratch.

Also - our 1G model could be based on the 3D 1G DSM model done by Kaizen Tuning, which can be found here:

http://www.kaizen.eaglecars.com/3d1gdsm.html

We could probably customize this to suit both a Talon, Eclipse, & Laser, and even make variants for 92-94 versions. Then we could import it into the Racer format for our needs.

Originally posted by HokieDSM
More on the topic of modifying racer -

There is already a 2G Eclipse model made, although it's physics are pretty crappy and it's based on the "Fast & Furious" Eclipse:

Check it out here(white car with EVO kit) and here (F&F green version).

We could probably make pretty good headway modifying this to suit our needs, unless we wanted to make a new model from scratch.

Also - our 1G model could be based on the 3D 1G DSM model done by Kaizen Tuning, which can be found here:

http://www.kaizen.eaglecars.com/3d1gdsm.html

We could probably customize this to suit both a Talon, Eclipse, & Laser, and even make variants for 92-94 versions. Then we could import it into the Racer format for our needs.

nice ideas guys im gonna look more into racer

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back