The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink DSMLINK v2 to v3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cole the noob

Probationary Member
Apr 21, 2020
Owings, Maryland
Currently my car runs dsm link v2, the tune is saved on a cd rom, I am upgrading my ECU to dsm link v3. How can I or can I even carry my tune over to the new ecu with v3 from the cd rom. I really hope I can because there are not any dynos near me and this car is highly modified. I am new to dsm and know very little and don’t know how confident I am in street tuning this car.

Could always contact ecmlink and see if they know. I'm not sure if you can copy the tune file from the CD and load it back into ecmlink once you've updated, but they would know and I feel like it should be possible.

absolute worst case, dl a copy of ecmlink v3 software and go page by page and copy everything by hand. the rest of it will be new stuff or stuff that disappeared in v3 because there's better ways of going about stuff now (...then)
some settings may also have had a behavior change so those values would require 'tweaking' manually anyway. I think there may be a couple that fit sort of into that bucket.

Instead of writing it all I would just take pictures of every screen and organize it all in a folder on your phone. I would also copy those files on your CD rom and move them over to your computer. If that cd gets scratched and can't read the files u don't want lose it.

It can maybe be close by doing as they mentioned. It is going to need a complete new tune for the most part. There will be variations and the files cannot be swapped over. They will not be compatible.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back