The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Cranks but doesnt start Tune Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
i'm looking for some help on a tune. My car tries to crank but doesnt start. I'm looking for just some basic help with dsmlink to try to get my car started. mods: pte 1000cc's, 255 fuel pump, weisco pistons, eagle rods, pte6262, stock MAF through 4" intake, stock MAP sensor. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Running a 1995 ECU in a car without a 1995 style cam angle sensor requires that you swap the plug wires. The following page has more information.

1995 Plug wire swap

Hope that helps,

Thomas Dorris

Did you check the box in "MISC" for a non-1995/96 CAS?
If you check that box, swap the plug wires as Tom instructed, set the injector scaling to ~-52%, and the deadtime to 315 or 330uS, it should fire right up.

ok car is firing up good now but it has a hard time revving past 3k and a really rough idle and i have a DTC 0100 code. Any general ideas of what i should have the timing around?? also any ideas on how to fix the code its a maf problem i believe.. also i'm wondering why i am not getting an A/F reading on my log

oh and here is a log
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back