The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Dsmlink swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexixx

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2004
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, im getting ready to take my car to the next level and Im looking to swap out my VPC (w/ sensors) and SAFC for dsmlink. I have the eprom ecu just not socketed. What else am I going to need?

I know I need an MAF for sure and the socketed ecu, but what else? Thanks

vexixx said:
Hey guys, im getting ready to take my car to the next level and Im looking to swap out my VPC (w/ sensors) and SAFC for dsmlink. I have the eprom ecu just not socketed. What else am I going to need?

I know I need an MAF for sure and the socketed ecu, but what else? Thanks

Laptop.

Also, if the laptop you plan to use does not contain a serial port, then you will also need a serial-to-USB adapter (assuming the laptop contains a USB port).

They do not socket for free, it costs an extra $30. You'll need at least a stock MAS to run it as well. I'd recommend just getting the 2G MAS, as the GM MAF presents a lot of problems when tuning with Link.

I agree. Stay away from the GM Blow Thru set up until you need it. However, I have read that many of the tunning problems that people have are because of blow thru. If you plan to outflow the 2g MAS you may want to try the GM in Draw Thru for easier tunning

Another vote. Stock 2G MAS works flawlessly. Link can handle the MAF if you want though.

TSIMonsteR makes a good point. The GM MAF in blow-through is VERY sensitive to positioning and distance from the TB, etc. Personally, I'll never use one unless I absolutely have to, and I don't think I'll be overrunning my MAS any time soon.

keymaster said:
They do not socket for free, it costs an extra $30.

Well I'll be dammed.

Maybe I'll just change my answer to this:

http://www.dsmlink.com There, that should be right.

(thanks, edited above)

I'd still reccommend sending the ecu to DSMlink, as I've had an ecu "professionally socketed" (elsewhere) and it looked great, it just didn't work. They fried it because they're a bunch of dorks. :toobad:

Ah MAS is what im thinking of. So I do I have to modify the stock mas or anything? Also I been having these idling issues with my car. I replaced the throttle body, blocked off the FIAV,EGR, replaced the IAC, going to replace the TPS. If that doesn't fix it, there any chance dsmlink can help control it? ( My car doesn't idle it just stalls) Thanks guys.

Have you tryed adjusting the BISS to bring the idle up and have you checked for vacume leaks? Both of these can cause idle problems.

Yeah tried all that. Really frustrating. I think im down to a couple chocies.
New TPS - Bought , going to try when it arrives
Timing is off a tooth or something - god, :sosad:
Bad ECU - Which I took apart and it all looked fine , then again I dont know what a bad ecu looks like

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back