The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

dsmlink question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2288

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2006
Shillington, Pennsylvania
I was wondering if I would have to change anything with the dsmlink program to make the car run right before we start it up and run it ? Or should it be setup from the factory because I told them what size injectors Im going with ?

If you told them what injector you'd be running, the link should be set up in the ballpark for your car to start up and idle. Every car is different. With that said, you may have to do some tweaking. Hope that helps.

Ok, so it would be fine if I drive it around without tweaking anything ?

Every car is different. It might. It might not. It's up to YOU to decide using the logging numbers. Do some homework.

Even if you tell them what injectors you have, there's still an amount of fine tuning that may need to be done. The DSMLink user's manual (Free Download) has a procudure of warming up, driving, cruising, and idling to set your Long Term and Short Term fuel trims. I was lucky, my LTFT and STFT numbers were within ideal numbers as soon as I put the ECU back in the car. Some people, due to certain modifications, may need to adjust their fuel trims. Other than that, you're good to go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back