The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSMLink owners help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsx rated98

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2004
LaPlata, Maryland
ok, im putting my 95 ECU into my 98 GSX. Get everything pluged up, switch the plugs around from 4123 to 3412. The car turns over but wont start. Has anyone run into this problem yet? Also, theres a loud ticking sound a friend told me is a relay, is this normal?

thanks for all the help

Jerry

is DSMLink the only mod you have done, or did you do a few other mods at the same time as DSMLink? You should hit up the DSMLink forums too they are incredibly helpful.

Is the ticking sound constant?? Or just when you first turn it over? If it is just one tick it will be a relay, if it's continuous it is not a relay.

yea i just got my login for the link. Im only doing the link today, so theres nothing else that would cause problems.

can you connect DSMLink??? (turn your car to the "on" position and hit the connect button)
Then go to miscelleneous and try to turn your fuel pump on or your radiator fans (for testing purposes)

I know exactly what you are talking about. Who socketed the ecu and put the dsmlink chip in for you? I had the same problem and it was because the person installed the chip backwards on mine. It made the same ticking noise which sounded like it was coming from the ignition relay but it would not start. If thee chip is pu tit backwards this is what will happen.

gsx rated98 said:
switch the plugs around from 4123 to 3412. The car turns over but wont start. Jerry

3412? Not right. You are supposed to swap the pairs. As in 1&2 are swapped with each other, and 3&4 are swapped with each other.

98spydert said:
I thought it was supposed to be 3214...

That would be it. You also need to log on to the DSMLink and make sure you invert the CAS signal before you start it. You must invert the CAS if you are not running a 95-96 style cam angle sensor.

Hey everyone thanks alot for the help. I finally got it worked out. '98 AWD DSM you were right, i had to flip the chip around, and invert the CAS. Also just so theres no confusion. the 4123 i was talking about the correct sequence for the coil, and the 3412 would be the order of the cylenders.

Again thanks everyone for you help.

Put the plug wires in the stock order and swap the blue wires on the coil packs... much easier and simplier.

If you had an SAFC before make sure the ECU airflow wire has been reconnected.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back