The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

dsmlink owners come hellp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaye

20+ Year Contributor
May 29, 2002
salem, Oregon
hey guys i simply want to know what you are using to display the info from your ecu....
labtop.......what kind is it and what brand?
palm pc....what kind and what brand?
thanks guys

Hal, your obviously a smart guy, buy why is it you have such an attitude when people make silly mistakes? Yes, alot of times the questions we see on here and other boards we often just roll our eyes because a simple search might have done the trick, but what value is it in putting down the person? Does it make you feel better as a person? I think that has alot to do what is wrong with our society. In today's world, we often make statements that would never make to someone's face because we can hide behind a keyboard. Instead of making fun of him, you could have just answered his question since you know very well what he meant.

My guess would it would have to depend on the cash resources of the person who is using it. If they have alot of money, they may use a really nice pentium 4. If they don't have as much money, they might be using a much slower processor.

hey hal i apologize for my miss-spelling (<is that how this is spelled?)
bu what can i say i usually reply or post threads late late late at nite and im half-awake. I thought that spell check wouldnt really matter since most of us suck at it for what ever reason, but whatever.
EHeye and Violater101 thanks guys

OK. i did a search on dsmlink but i couldnt find any good info on the labtop:)p) or a PDA (palm pc?).well i went to best buy and they enlighten me on the subject, since im an idiot when it comes to buying computers all i know is that my little brother hooked up this computer in the living room. I learned how to use computers from school. Oh and i found out the DB9 serial interface is just the plug-in in the pc, a nine pin plug in. GO figure, we learn something new everyday.

PS. wheres the spellcheck key :thumb:

Well...still no body has answered this guys question (Violator kinda did)

I am using a Toshiba...don't know what brand...its my dads and he uses it for work. You can use any computer as long as it has that DB9 pin.

And I have not used a Palmtop/PDA so I can't comment on that one.

I have also hooked up my friends Gateway to it...

To Hal...go back to Nazi Ass bi*** Regulation (NABR) if you don't want to answer peoples simple questions...no need to be stupid. Ever wonder why there aren't many people on NABR?

Originally posted by 13secGST
Ever wonder why there aren't many people on NABR?

Because there aren't many people that can spell AND know how to search for an answer, instead of posting gems like," I want a new turbo, which one should I get?"
Oh wait, was your question rhetorical?

pwn3d.

while we're on the subject of DSMLink, i just bought my car and it is already installed and tuned, i myself dont have a laptop yet (x-mas), and i disconnected my battery to do some work on my car. not realizing it, my car now has random misfire and knock, do i really have to re-tune my car everytime i disconnect the battery?

Originally posted by TurboDSMer
do i really have to re-tune my car everytime i disconnect the battery?

No. You just have to reload the settings. That should take just a few seconds. Ask the person who tuned it what the settings were, and you should be set.

Brad

This is from the DSM link website:

Laptop requirements

We have reports of people running DSMLink acceptably on a P100 with 24megs of RAM. A laptop like this can be had for less than $100 on E-Bay. Preferrably, though, you'll want to locate a laptop with a little more meat to it. Our suggested minimum platform would be a P233 with at least 32meg of RAM running Win98. You'll be very happy with that setup.

The only other major requirement of the laptop is that it provide an RS232, DB9 serial interface of some sort. Almost all older laptops include this, but there are some newer ultra-thin laptops these days that do not. Be sure that you have some way of getting a DB9 serial port out of the laptop before committing to it. We have had reports of PCMCIA serial port adapters working well on laptops that do not have built-in serial ports. Also, the USB to DB9 devices seem to work fine as well. We have not verified this ourselves, but a number of our users report both solutions to work seemlessly. DB25 to DB9 converters plugged into the printer port will *NOT* work.

:D

Originally posted by brads
No. You just have to reload the settings. That should take just a few seconds. Ask the person who tuned it what the settings were, and you should be set.

Brad

thanks, i am in the process of gettin in touch with the kid, he claims he may have saved the settings, i can only hope:thumb:

Lets not jump all over Hal's balls, he is the one who came up with the software to let DSMlink work on palmpilots.

Ignorance is bliss. :thumb:

:dsm: :laser: :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back