The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink DSMLINK 1G v3 cable work with 1G V2 hardware?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diego Estrozi

Probationary Member
Jul 27, 2020
Sao Paulo, Brazil, South_America
Currently my car runs dsm link v2, the tune is saved on a cd rom, I am upgrading my ECU to dsm link v3. How can I or can I even carry my tune over to the new ecu with v3 from the cd rom. I really hope I can because there are not any dynos near me and this car is highly modified. I am new to dsm and know very little and don’t know how confident I am in street tuning this car.
Cole, do you have the two cables to compare? I just got a dsmlink V2-1g without the cable and I'm wondering if the V3-1g cable works for V2-1g.
If it works, I would buy a new one from ECMtunning.
A lot of people say it will probably work, but no one I know has really tried

The V3 cable only works with the latest version, Version 3. You might want to put an ad up to see if anyone has one and is willing to sell it. The other option is upgrade to V3.

Thank you for that! It has been long said that the cable would only work with V3. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back