The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

DSMer trying to build a Civic EG Hatch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAQGSX222

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2015
Louisville, Tennessee
Yes; my GSX is getting the respect it deserves and will be done right. I now have time to build my son's '95 Civic CX hatch. Swapped '95 Civic coupe Ex D16Z6/Si trans and P28 ECU. We're finishing up pulling out the interior except GSR black bucket seats. Considering it's going to my son's initial frontier into car building, we're doing everything ourselves so that he will learn how much it takes to build any car. 222 Garage on YouTube so come watch me and my son build a EG hatch:)idontknow:)

What!! No 4g63 swap??? :D
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i couldn't find you on youtube. how about a direct link

I came here expecting clear plans to swap a 4G63 in that bi*** and boost it to the f***ing moon (sorry, I love that phrase I will use it as much as I can). Oh well.

Seriously though, that's awesome that you can share this with your son. I don't know squat about Hondas but I'd guess they are more or less similar to how our cars are set up. The only thing I would argue for is NOT putting the biggest possible catback you can find. Even with a silencer, those 1.6 engines with anything over a 2" exhaust system sound f***ing way too loud. Maybe try going the clean way, getting some mods in for a slight increase in power, some handling tweaks and going for a clean look.

Just my 2c. Good luck!

What!! No 4g63 swap??? :D
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If it were mine I'd do it in a heartbeat but he's 20 and sees Boostedboiz on YouTube and keeps telling me how fast he can make(I can build as he watches) and "he'll smoke my ass" to which I throw a wrench at him! Nah but I thought bout it. He wants to rattle can it flat black for a sleeper. So I'm working as hard and fast as I can.

i couldn't find you on youtube. how about a direct link

Civics are very very easy and cheap comparatively. I daily’d A 99 sedan with a turbo d16 for literally years and absolutely plan to build another. Most fun daily I’ve ever had. If you have a chipped p28 already I’d say switch to hondata, almost any Honda shop (or yourself) can tune s300 no problem, a very simple software, much like ecmlink

I'll put a link for the EG hatch vlog as soon as I get home. I've owned a bunch of Civics but never modified one myself. Plenty of friends did but I just was in love with my DSM's.

I came here expecting clear plans to swap a 4G63 in that bi*** and boost it to the f***ing moon (sorry, I love that phrase I will use it as much as I can). Oh well.

Seriously though, that's awesome that you can share this with your son. I don't know squat about Hondas but I'd guess they are more or less similar to how our cars are set up. The only thing I would argue for is NOT putting the biggest possible catback you can find. Even with a silencer, those 1.6 engines with anything over a 2" exhaust system sound f***ing way too loud. Maybe try going the clean way, getting some mods in for a slight increase in power, some handling tweaks and going for a clean look.

Just my 2c. Good luck!
The exhaust is one of the best upgrades I've done to it! Leaving the exhaust shop I couldn't believe the sound. I was blown away! The difference it made at top end was very notable and it Sounds like a modded car done right. 300-350 hp is all he's wanting and as anyone knows is easily achieved with little work. Everyday in the garage all I can think that I could be working on the GSX :cry:
Oh well soon enough

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back