The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

dsm with a talon spoiler relocated look

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks ok from the side but doesnt the talon thumbnail have a cut out where the rear wiper sits?

I'm not against having a wing, but there are so many DSM's with big, goofy wings on them that a low profile or wingless drop point back on the rear makes it look a bit more subtle, and more unique to people who know what they are looking at. That said, I have been contemplating putting an Evo spoiler on mine, with a little shaving of the side panels on the wing... Either that, or a 3g GT wing. Haven't decided yet... I may get sick of all of them and design my own.
There's a guy on Ebay that sells a carbon fiber low profile oem style spoiler but I think wingless would probably look the best.

Looks ok from the side but doesnt the talon thumbnail have a cut out where the rear wiper sits?

Not a cutout, it's just a hole for the wiper arm.

It's my guess that there's no pictures from the top because it looks funny. The spoiler is meant to wrap around the rear window and follow the body lines, not sit on the edge independently like the Eclipse low-rise does.

IMO for the Talon, your best off with no spoiler or Eclipse high-rise. The thong spoiler looks OK on a stock appearing 2gb Talon, but still not the best.

Not a cutout, it's just a hole for the wiper arm.

It's my guess that there's no pictures from the top because it looks funny. The spoiler is meant to wrap around the rear window and follow the body lines, not sit on the edge independently like the Eclipse low-rise does.

IMO for the Talon, your best off with no spoiler or Eclipse high-rise. The thong spoiler looks OK on a stock appearing 2gb Talon, but still not the best.

That's all easily fixable with a little fiberglass, a lot of sanding, and a little paint. Not sure I would go through the trouble of doing so myself, but it wouldn't be hard.

the little gap under it is not so favorable, i would imagine that would make some good wind noise as well. i took my 2ga talon thumbnail spoiler off in favor of a 2gb talon spoiler. i still have my thumbnail if anyone wants it LOL. i see the look your going for, i seem to remember another member who made a nice rear lip spoiler that looked affectively like this without the gap.

Lol people talking about body lines with a gsx high rise on their car....

And? Are you implying the Talon has a different body than the Eclipse?

Looks pretty good, better than I thought it would.

Lol people talking about body lines with a gsx high rise on their car....

EXACTLY!!!

The body line is no different, but the 2gb GSX hoop is goofy and should have been thrown in the drafters trash can long before it went to production. Anyone driving around with one on their car can't say a damn thing about anyone else being "rice" while sporting a 2gb wing.

As soon as someone can provide conclusive evidence proving that goofy hoop improves aero over a wingless back end, I'll eat my words and one of my dirty work socks for a garnish. I have studied fluid dynamics though, so I am fairly sure I won't be needing Tabasco sauce for my socks any time soon.

Especially when you throw the high rise on a TALON.

C'mon man!

1.25 lowering kit + wingless = secks

Looks good, different is nice in this case.

EXACTLY!!!

The body line is no different, but the 2gb GSX hoop is goofy and should have been thrown in the drafters trash can long before it went to production. Anyone driving around with one on their car can't say a damn thing about anyone else being "rice" while sporting a 2gb wing.

As soon as someone can provide conclusive evidence proving that goofy hoop improves aero over a wingless back end, I'll eat my words and one of my dirty work socks for a garnish. I have studied fluid dynamics though, so I am fairly sure I won't be needing Tabasco sauce for my socks any time soon.

Lol I love my high rise wing and the wingless look! But I will still comment on aftermarket fugly wings all day!

I like the look. I do like the 2gb spoiler over every other option, but I like different sometimes too. And in this case different is good. It flows pretty well with the car.

I like the 2gb Eclipse wing better than the 2ga. Easier to imagine myself owning a Supra :rolleyes:

No just that no dsm should have ever came with that spoiler. It doesnt fit or flow in anyway. It looks completely random and out of place sitting on the back of a 2g, eclipse or talon.

That's because it only looks good on a 2Gb. Basket handle for life.:D

Moving a Talon spoiler from where it is supposed to fit, just doesn't work IMO, and so is putting different spoilers on from different cars. I think an Evo spoiler would look ghastly on any Eclipse.

I think a Talon or any Eclipse would be better of wingless then putting a Talon spoiler on in the wrong spot.

from the side it looks very unique but isnt there a gap on top or is it all molded into the trunk?

Looks good and I can see the appeal. Not my cup of tea though, I prefer the wingless smooth and sexy look.

not a bad job, looks better than the rs stock spoiler. ( in that postion)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back