The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM windshields no longer available?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buhay6

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2010
Delisle, SK_Canada
Hey fellow canadian DSMrs I recently just put a new windshield in my mk7 golf gti and decided I'd price out windsheilds for my 1g's and 2g's as well.....
Except I was told windshields were no longer available in Canada for BOTH generations!!
Does anyone know different? Ive been told at 3 glass shops they're no longer available.

Glass will likely be made by a 3rd party if they discontinue the oem units. If its pilkinton they will sell direct rather then through mitsu. Most likely they manufactuer of the glass will sell it to auto screen companys direct

Glass will likely be made by a 3rd party if they discontinue the oem units. If its pilkinton they will sell direct rather then through mitsu. Most likely they manufactuer of the glass will sell it to auto screen companys direct
I was just at a random windshield shop, they can't even get them from aftermarket suppliers. They have a list of suppliers they buy glass from and not one of them make a dsm windshield anymore. Im guessing I'll have to do some serious digging if i cant get one through the mitsu dealership.

Im not with the car currently bit who makes the oem glass? Its not pilkinton from memory. Heck you can get glass for old jags from 1960 from the original manufactuer so im sure glass can be had from whom ever made ours

Ouch. I hope that’s not the case. I just ran a quote on Safelite here in the US and they’re still available.
I know I'll be popping down states side at some point on parts runs soon as this covid f's off. Still cant cross the border unless I'm in a semi, wish I'd have found out about windshields before I hauled my last load back into Canada.
Definitely think about stocking up on windshields, dsms aren't collectables yet like old jags, 240z's etc so repro parts arent going to be forth coming for awhile.

Bumping this thread but did you ever find one? I’m still dealing with this in Toronto right now. This company told me they had them but doesn’t reply anymore

THE AUTOGLASS SUPPLY BY ARNOLD INC

Bumping this thread but did you ever find one? I’m still dealing with this in Toronto right now. This company told me they had them but doesn’t reply anymore

THE AUTOGLASS SUPPLY BY ARNOLD INC
Hey sorry no I didn't, the guy I get to do alley glass has been runing his own glass shop since the 80s and he can't even track any down.
I picked up a 2gb talon from manitoba that has a mint windshield that I can pull if I need it.....more like when I need it really. I guess I'm lucky as every one of my current nice dsms have good windshields in them

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back