The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM Vandalism

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM1G90

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Gee Whiz...my friend gets off work, heads to his car and this is what he finds... it looks like attempted car theft, for they tore up the ignition ass'y, cut some wires under the dash to try to "hotwire", but must have got mad for failing. Thus, busted out the windows, including the windshied... we had to tow it home.

Attachments

• work-car modified.jpg
    work-car modified.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 584
Gee Whiz...my friend gets off work, heads to his car and this is what he finds... it looks like attempted car theft, for they tore up the ignition ass'y, cut some wires under the dash to try to "hotwire", but must have got mad for failing. Thus, busted out the windows, including the windshied... we had to tow it home.

Wow man, that blows. Any security cameras around there?

Atleast they didn't shit on the dash. Sons of bitches should have their legs broken for doing that to that poor 1g. Then they won't ever do that again

Atleast they didn't shit on the dash. Sons of bitches should have their legs broken for doing that to that poor 1g. Then they won't ever do that again

115 grain hollow points....

Damn that really does blow...
Someone must have REALLY been pissed that they couldn't jack that car

A guy I worked with had his civic stolen by some guys who stole jacked up the front and put rollers under the front tires then literally pushed it down to where they parted it out.

The worst part is their neighbor watched the guys do it. The dude called the police and told them what was happening, they thought he was lying so they sent cops to basically tell him you can't prank 911 and left. Well the neighbor goes across the street and wakes him up so he can report his car stolen.

The police waste about 5 hours to find out his car was being parted out in some woods literally one street over because another neighbor reported someone being suspicious.

The week before that he had his 91 accord stolen from his parents house by the SAME people by them busting the lock, putting the car in neutral, rolling it down the street then driving it off.

After about a month the police caught the retards in the act and figured out the guys were about to ship all the parts off to California. He got back both cars and nearly every part and got enough money to build his hatch.

Some people are shit. My dad's police car got stolen one time when they first put in LoJack. He said when they raided the guys house the guy nearly shit himself because he had no idea they used LoJack. I'm really considering getting it when I have a built DSM.

dsm1g i hope they find the people. the end of april i was taking my quad to a guy 2 hours away in new jersey camden, parked on his street he told me to go down to the field at the end of his street that he came down. and in the open field he would test ride it.. i was skeptical so i took the guys picture on my phone. i was afraid of getting shot but i did ask him for the cash and he's like i got cash etc. i just let him ride it because it was the middle of the ghetto. drug deals going on all around me and my friend. the cops never came to take an report i went to the police station over an hour waiting. then i was told to wait for the investigator to call me to give him all the information and the investigator has never called me. guess they have bigger things to worry about than a 2k atv.. just remember there day will come around.

dsm1g i hope they find the people. the end of april i was taking my quad to a guy 2 hours away in new jersey camden, parked on his street he told me to go down to the field at the end of his street that he came down. and in the open field he would test ride it.. i was skeptical so i took the guys picture on my phone. i was afraid of getting shot but i did ask him for the cash and he's like i got cash etc. i just let him ride it because it was the middle of the ghetto. drug deals going on all around me and my friend. the cops never came to take an report i went to the police station over an hour waiting. then i was told to wait for the investigator to call me to give him all the information and the investigator has never called me. guess they have bigger things to worry about than a 2k atv.. just remember there day will come around.

I've found that bringing a friend with a gun to larger craigslist deals keeps things in order. The friend with the gun is also licensed to carry, not some random unregistered weapon.

Wow that really sucks, I would be furious. People like that need to be eliminated from the face of this planet. The worse part is the police are going to take a report on it... and that's about all that's gonna happen.

Seems like you're missing a huge part of the whole story in your wall of text there :rolleyes:

no respect for a dsm??? Time to die!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

some cops just want to get paid and don't care what you're going through, especially when paper work is involved.

Thx all - sadly, since there was no witnesses, no visual (absense of cameras) proof to see what happened or as it was going on, only thing the policeman did was do picts and look for fingerprints in which there was none, even on the body, or any smooth parts of the car - these bozos knew what they were doing in not leaving any evidence.

He did give a case number to my friend to give to his insurance, but the big unfortunate is that there is only liability coverage on the car - no comprehensive insurance...

Luckily, only thing saving him is that we can go out to yards and find the glass to replace along with some replacement plastic interior since some of the yards around here has a good selection of 1G's to pull parts from. And today, he did get the ignition fixed to were it can start and run (wasn't too badly messed up in the first place). It's just a base Eclipse with the 1.8 and automatic..but quite surprised that the tires weren't slashed or any damage under the hood was present.

Thx again - DSM

Thx all - sadly, since there was no witnesses, no visual (absense of cameras) proof to see what happened or as it was going on, only thing the policeman did was do picts and look for fingerprints in which there was none, even on the body, or any smooth parts of the car - these bozos knew what they were doing in not leaving any evidence.

He did give a case number to my friend to give to his insurance, but the big unfortunate is that there is only liability coverage on the car - no comprehensive insurance...

Luckily, only thing saving him is that we can go out to yards and find the glass to replace along with some replacement plastic interior since some of the yards around here has a good selection of 1G's to pull parts from. And today, he did get the ignition fixed to were it can start and run (wasn't too badly messed up in the first place). It's just a base Eclipse with the 1.8 and automatic..but quite surprised that the tires weren't slashed or any damage under the hood was present.

Thx again - DSM

Good to hear it's getting fixed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back