The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSM, tuning, repairs, and go fast.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastlaser

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
glendora, New_Jersey
Hey everyone in the South Jersey area. I just wanna introduce myself. My name is Steve Carver. I have been tuning/building Mitsubishi cars for 12 years now. I know the other turbo 80s 90 cars well also because of owning a 89 supra turbo, and having friends with starions, rx7s. Owned a 99 si turbo. But now for the last 9 have been all mitsubishi turbo cars.

But I just wanna extend the offer out since it seems like there is a lot of people around the area looking for help, or trying to get there car running, or doing some upgrades. I am very well known in the area and usually if you ask anyone who comes to mind when you think "fast dsm" "Carver" comes to mind.

Currently I just got done my new setup a couple months ago swapping my whole 2.4 gt4294 setup into a 94 talon awd auto out of a 92 awd laser 5spd. After breaking trans left and right. I got tired of breaking them, and built more then a couple which held up great, but they always have there limits.

I self tuned my laser which put down 621hp and 550 ft lbs on 30psi on straight 93 octane pump gas. No meth, no e85, no octane booster or anything. I definitely think more was there but my dyno time was short.

I just wanted to give a brief highlight of myself. You can find me on facebook at

Steven Carver or my fan page that a friend made "Steve Carver "the legend" fan page" LOL .

I love working on anything to make it fast. I prefer working on cars that people wanna go fast with...thats just my thing.

Thanks for the time, and check out my build blogs, hit me up with any questions or issues.

What's up Steve? I was wondering where you've been hiding! I was going to have you finish up my car before I deployed but couldn't get a hold of you, so im having Adam finish it while I'm here. Hopefully it'll be finished before I get home so I can just hop in it as soon as I land and cruise.

I can vouch for steve's work, he's worked on my car and tuned it. Great, knowledgable guy!

Yeah RP...its been nuts the past months..Between swapping cars, getting engaged, buying a house LOL. I havent had time to breathe.

Everytime I tried to make plans I got pulled into something else.

Talons all done. Just minor things going over. Same setup just into the Talon a auto trans, and some n20 controled through aem going on. I got it done last year and been out playing with it. Probably doing a new motor in it this season.

Steve is definitely the man and his car is BEASTLY..curious if you had any local machine shops that you recommend steve? i got a new head for RPs car and i would like to have it decked as well as a valve job...also may need your help with replacing a shift fork in a trans im looking at ..lmk

Steve is definitely the man and his car is BEASTLY..curious if you had any local machine shops that you recommend steve? i got a new head for RPs car and i would like to have it decked as well as a valve job...also may need your help with replacing a shift fork in a trans im looking at ..lmk

Thanks man hows the car running?

Hmm if I would to say local I would say a few....

Napa on the white horse pike in somerdale built my current motor...But I think the guy that was working there retired. He knew 4g63s very very well.

Next local is Fonse performance in sicklerville

then where I got my head o ringed, M2 race systems I would say one of the best.

M2 Race Systems © - CNC Ported Cylinder Heads & Custom CNC Porting

PM SENT- Express.

car is ok i havent been driving it because its just to cold to be really playing with it...i hooked up a meth kit and im just waiting for it to get a little warmer so i can take it to matt for a tune. Debating if i want to get it on the dyno.. maybe when rp's car is done we will both hit up the dyno.

car is ok i havent been driving it because its just to cold to be really playing with it...i hooked up a meth kit and im just waiting for it to get a little warmer so i can take it to matt for a tune. Debating if i want to get it on the dyno.. maybe when rp's car is done we will both hit up the dyno.

no maybe, both of our cars will be on the dyno :thumb:

Well I been busy...some pictures but Ill get more up with a build Im doing for a local guy.

Built 2.0

Heads just your typical crower valve train, HKS 272s, and a mild port clean up by me.

FP 3065 on a FP race manifold.

Dogbox racing built trans.

Pulling the stock motor back out which was put in for a little so he could drive it, but never got around to getting it done. Car is gorgous though, 70k miles.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Where could i find a 1g awd manual tranny. Im looking at this 93 talon with 130k miles. Thats alot on a stock tranny and transfer case isnt?

Not at all if it works, shifts. Mileage means nothing. I have 3 5spd 23 spline transfer cases though. And you might as well freshing up the trans. No need to find another.

Yo My horn keeps blowing fuses. I just got a 93 awd talon. Right now this is my concern as it wont pass inspection without it.

Today im gonna see if the horns have a ground, if they dont, it might be in the horn pad.
The guy i bought it from wired his wideband real shitty, it doesnt work, but do you think he could have messed the horn up? Its mounted in the air vent with a boost guage, above the radio and such.

And id probably take one of the transfer cases if they are in decent condition. How much?

Oh yea and steve, ill be needing a tune. I just have to get a wideband. The car has a SAFC and boost controller already. it runs kinnnnda rich.

I would tear all the wiring out for the wideband and clean it up..gotta learn the car and what the other person did so you know the car.

Horn is a power short to ground..

Transfer case There both is perfect shape...I got a fresh one, and one out of my laser thats ready to go. 100 or 200.

Very true steve, its a hack job. even jon said so. if the wide band wires were shorting somewhere, do you think the gauge is ruined?

is there a common spot the horns tend to short at. cause i dont wanna go tearing apart the horn pad. the wire going to the horn pad is the negative right?

Im doing this all tomorrow morning so i have some light haha.

OMG kevins galant! hahah I cant wait till this thing is out and I finish my galant too LOL. BTW tell him to get rid of his AC LOL.

BTW The Carver Legend page is the shit LOL.

Yeah he wants the AC LOL. It will be done soon. I got the motor out just cleaning up some things. He picked up a JMF race intake manifold.

I got some other people that want there cars tuned, and other stuff. With work, and doing this on the side it sucks!

Yeah he wants the AC LOL. It will be done soon. I got the motor out just cleaning up some things. He picked up a JMF race intake manifold.

I got some other people that want there cars tuned, and other stuff. With work, and doing this on the side it sucks!

yea im sure your busy. But hey if your busy i guess that means you do good work.

im thinking the talon should be on the road by the end of the week. Im taking my time, no rush. The mx3 still runs healthy as a...well 50 year old that smoked since they were 15.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back