The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

DSM Tuning Help in Colorado Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clane

Probationary Member
Feb 5, 2012
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Hi,

I live in the Colorado Springs, have a 92 Talon Tsi and really need to find someone reputable in the Springs to tune my car and hopefully teach me to do so, if possible.

Don't know if you'd need to know anything about the car, but if so... It's a .040 over with JE & Eagle forged internals, C.O.P., 1000cc injectors, on a HX-35 Holset turbo setup with ECMLink V3 on Speed Density. I have to confess to being a bit apprehensive to take it to an unknown, i.e. web ads for DSM tuning. Only my 2nd DSM and I had the first one tuned on the dyno by a company that's no longer here it seems. Thus I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I'd really appreciate any suggestions you all may have, if you wouldn't mind. Appreciate your time...

While I'm no expert, I know my way around link and the basics. I can walk you through the fundamentals to get you started so you'll at least know what does what in there.

While I'm no expert, I know my way around link and the basics. I can walk you through the fundamentals to get you started so you'll at least know what does what in there.
Hi, thanks for the reply and please forgive the delay in my response. I've been waiting for some time now to get my transmission back from Jacks so I can get my car back together. I would certainly be grateful for any assistance that you would be willing to offer. Hopefully in the next week or so, I ll have my car reassembled since they just finished the trans. Are you here in the Springs? I'd been offered some assistance from a member in Denver and was hoping to find someone a little closer. Thanks again for your time.

The offer still stands

biglady112 street tuned my car so I definitely recommend you driving up there to Denver.

Since I'm local I don't mind showing you what I know and how to do initial tuning stuff. That way when you see Steve you'll have an idea what he's doing when he does it.

The offer still stands
I didn't doubt that for a moment, was just a long haul. Which, by the way, is looking more and more like I'll be taking. We're stuffing the motor and trans back in today. Looking forward to that finally happening. Still got to get my passenger door realigned and the plastic put back on correctly on that side. I'll contact you when I'm able to head that direction with it and see if it meets your schedule.

Thanks again.

biglady112 street tuned my car so I definitely recommend you driving up there to Denver.

Since I'm local I don't mind showing you what I know and how to do initial tuning stuff. That way when you see Steve you'll have an idea what he's doing when he does it.
I do appreciate that also. I do want to make sure the basics are correct. As to the rest, I'm guessing you can see what I posted back to biglady112. Heading to do that install now in fact. Thanks again for the assist. I'll contact you when it's running to see when it's convenient to get together.

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm taking mine to upp performance in the springs. They tune link with a Dyno.
I looked for a lot and they were still dsm. There is a couple in Denver that say they tune link... But when you call them they don't even work on dsms anymore.
Hope this helps man.

I'm taking mine to upp performance in the springs. They tune link with a Dyno.
I looked for a lot and they were still dsm. There is a couple in Denver that say they tune link... But when you call them they don't even work on dsms anymore.
Hope this helps man.

Thanks for the reply, I'm thinking that I might have it covered now, but if that changes I'll look into this. thanks again.

Hi,
Finally got my trans back from Jack's and it is running! WhoHoo... Long time in coming it seems. If you're still willing to show me the basics for ecmlink tuning until I can get up to Denver to see Steve, I would be grateful. Please don't feel obligate if you're circumstances have changed at all, I know this has taken some time to get to this point. But if you can, just say when and where and I'll be there. Thank you again,

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been here in a bit, but I wanted to give Steve (biglady112) a big thank you for the tuning assistance. It was great to get a chance to meet someone with that amount of experience on these cars. The car certainly ran better when we were done than it ever had since I owned it. Thanks Steve. And I also appreciate the review and help with ECMLink, I certainly needed it.

Very nice!! Took mine to the Dyno and ignition breaks up bad. So chasing that. About got her figured I think.

Glad you got yours running tits.

I'll keep big lady in mind as well.

CK at upp is awesome. Got my car running like a raped ape. I would recommend them for what's it's worth.

Biglady112 can you help me tune my 2g? I'm in Denver and from what I'm reading your the guy that knows his stuff!!

I suppose. If the car is a turd and has no business being on the road I am not Interested. I want to make sure it is worth both of our time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back