The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSM tuners in Bloomington Illinois?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasm86

Probationary Member
Sep 21, 2011
Bloomington, Illinois
Looks like I might be buying a stock 1990 Eclipse GS Turbo FWD this weekend and the car has issues running correctly. I went to automotive tech school and was an automotive tech for 3.5 years. Although I haven't worked on cars for a living for 4 years now I still have my Snap On tool chest full of tools. I've had two Grand Nationals and two T-Types but I am not familiar with the ins and outs of the DSMs.

I'm looking for someone that is very knowledgeable with these cars that can help me out with diagnosing this car to get it in running condition. I'm not looking to race the car, just get it in good driving condition. I'm not cheap and will be willing to compensate the person monetarily. Let me know if you're in the Bloomington/Normal area and willing to help.

thanks
-Dan

I live in indianapolis gotta be honest with you in my area theres not alot of talons. The ones that do go out, i've met and are a great help but the stuff I have learned from them is probably 10 percent of what I have learned. I know your just trying to find someone to help but if that area is anything like mine your best friend is the forums reading and posting will get you your answer 95 percent of the time. sometiems it takes some time but for the most part you will usually get a quick response not always the correct answer for your problem but almost always in the right direction.

Well, the guy selling the car said that he believes he found the problem. Failed Mass Air Sensor. He said he unplugged the Mass Air Sensor and the car "ran like a dream" after he unplugged it. Does this sound right?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back