The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpdgzz

Probationary Member
May 4, 2021
Manila, Philippines, Asia
Hi, I'm a Mitsubishi fan from the Philippines

I want a 2nd Gen Eclipse with the purpose of being a track toy. Being a small Asian country, our tracks here are full of twists and we even have touge hillclimb events every once in a while. The problem I'm facing is that the local Mitsubishi dealers here only brought in GST units with automatics. Some of those have been manual swapped over the years. There were some imported cars but archives of this forum say that there are only 5 GSXs here in our land–close to being unicorns.

My questions are:
1. Would it be worth it to build a manual swapped GST to be a fun and competitive circuit car?
2. How about following it up with an AWD conversion (some shops told me they can source it from an old JDM surplus Mitsubishi RVR)?
3. Would it be cheaper if I just get an Evo V or VI and build that one for circuit?

I just love the Eclipse platform (Paul Walker's green Eclipse comes to mind) that's why it's my first choice for a track toy. I understand that the work required to do is quite a handful but shops here commonly do AWD drivetrain swaps to CK,CB Lancers to make "Evo" builds. If anybody has ever been in this predicament before, please give me some solid advice. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back