The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSM to DSM races?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipse95GSX

Probationary Member
Sep 6, 2002
Libertyville_IL_&_Champaign_IL
Hey I was just curious as to how you all felt about racing other DSM's. If you pull up to a DSM for a race do you typically act pretty cool and have a friendly race or do you treat them as you would any car and want to pound them into the ground. The only reason I say so is because this blue talon tsi awd pulled up next to me and continually kept revving real hard and pulling up and slowing down and just continually cutting me off and pulling behind me. I really wasn't in the mood to race seeing as how there were tons of cars around us so I just sat there and watched him pull this outrageous show all because he wanted to race. I mean what ever happened to the usual cruise where instead of racing we couldn't dominate the road together. I was just wondering how you all felt?

Rajan
95' White GSX

all i have to say is.... "im a 1.8" and they go "heh, well at least it's a dsm" or if they are from one of the many dsm sites i belong to the see my "HyenA" windsheild banner and go "ahhh.... so your him"

I have never had a dsm try to race me when i pull up next to them its more of a cool cruise thing than try to smoke him thing.

Originally posted by BLACK-NINJA
I have never had a dsm try to race me when i pull up next to them its more of a cool cruise thing than try to smoke him thing.
werd

The N/Ts have spoken. It is so.

it is usaully just cruise for a second then maybe race once or twice, then cruise some more, till one of us turns off. its fun to just rule the road with your dsm brethen.

heh me and a friend (owns a Laser but isn't really into the dsm scene...im trying though) were doin 90 down the highway and passed a guy in a Eclipse GS. he tried to catch us and gave us a real dirty look when he couldn't keep up. We weren't trying to race him or anything just normal cruisin. I kinda think of racing other DSMs as more of a "what do you have for mods race?" than trying to stomp them. that and id like to see their setups as well.

If someone pulled up to me though and was revving their engine and being a dumbass and was obviously not a "DSM tuner" id have to lay the smack down...

When I pull up to a DSM its more of a brother hood to me. I use to own a mustang and when I pulled up to another mustang it was hell yeah rather then a racing thing. I don't mind racing another DSM and if the conditions are right I will lay some tread but most of the time I like to keep it casual and just cruise. DSMtuners should have a sign that when you pull up to another DSM you should show so that they know your on DSMtuners and likewise. It would be cool to see how many of the DSM's I pull up are on the tuners board.

Rajan
95' White GSX

Originally posted by Eclipse95GSX
Hey I was just curious as to how you all felt about racing other DSM's. If you pull up to a DSM for a race do you typically act pretty cool and have a friendly race or do you treat them as you would any car and want to pound them into the ground. The only reason I say so is because this blue talon tsi awd pulled up next to me and continually kept revving real hard and pulling up and slowing down and just continually cutting me off and pulling behind me. I really wasn't in the mood to race seeing as how there were tons of cars around us so I just sat there and watched him pull this outrageous show all because he wanted to race. I mean what ever happened to the usual cruise where instead of racing we couldn't dominate the road together. I was just wondering how you all felt?

Rajan
95' White GSX

Unfortunately around here there are not many dsm'ers that know they are dsm'ers. The only dsm street encounters I have had were on the highway against cocky 2nd gen kit and gauge whores.

Originally posted by Eclipse95GSX
DSMtuners should have a sign that when you pull up to another DSM you should show so that they know your on DSMtuners and likewise. It would be cool to see how many of the DSM's I pull up are on the tuners board.

Rajan
95' White GSX

Have you seen our free stickers?

Also, your name and car are in the sig. We like you and all, but don't care to read them twice.

typically when i find another dsm i like to chill and talk or cruise and mess with other ppl. but around here alot of them are rude hehe. theres like 3 so far that have been pretty cool. a couple that arent. then the rest dont know they are :)

Originally posted by LandoAWD
The N/Ts have spoken. It is so.

BWHAHAHA i almost spit out my hamburger!

I play it cool with any car, until they show they want to play. Then it's on :)

i have never wanted to race a DSM really bad or did they want to race me. i usually give them the nod and the nod back. sometime i will have fun with one of the highway.

i never really get agressive like that to any car. if i want to race i will say "do you want to race?" if they say yes then we goto a dead end street that we have around and race and then go on our mary ways.

Originally posted by LandoAWD

Have you seen our free stickers?

where can i find some info on these free stickers?

I think its more of a head nod type thing. light turns green gas it just a little. show each other what ya got. listen carefully for external wasgates, blow off valves and so fourth. race maybe once if it will be a close one. most of the time i pull over and end up talking to them and inviting them up to the track with us.

One time me and a 2nd gen came up next to each other, started movin are way around the highway, crusing and we see a hooked up integra and we started to sworm him:laugh:

I have raced some other DSM's. for me the N/t's i raced were just for one but the two GSX's i raced was alittle more seriouse. I wanted to beat them becouse i am competative but it was really cool to race agenst a likely modded car to see how had the better tunning and driving.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back