The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM Shootout Official Pictures/Story Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin90GSX

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 18, 2002
New Britain, Connecticut
I didnt see another one out there so I figured Id start one.

Me and some of my CCDSM friends headed down to Etown for the 2nd annual DSM Shootout.

We headed out at about 7am. After one to many stops LOL we made it to the track.

What an awesome day we had. The weather was just perfect minus the little burn I got.

I will let those guys share their times with you but I have to show you one pic of of my buddy getting his car ready to run:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Gotta have the duct tape mod to run good times. :)

Anyway here are the pictures I got from the event:

http://www.kevins90gsx.com/DSMShootout1

We also stayed after the shootout was over so some of the pictures are from the event that followed.

Enjoy. If you can make it to the Ohio one I suggest you do. Was a great time.

Did that red honda have a flat or just have the air pressure that low ? :confused:

seems like there were more evo's then dsm's

hehehe HOLLA....

sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....its not like it really mattered because I didnt even watch the gauge on ANY of the passes LOL...but oh well....cutting a piece of cardboard to fit your EGT gauge and duct taping to your console is PRICELESS.

Anyway best pass of the day was as follows:

r/t .100 hehehe SMOKED the guy sleeping at the line who ran a 13.1 LOL
60' 1.907
330 5.589
1/8 8.696
mph 79.87
1000 11.387

1/4 13.688 MPH 98.18

setup= mild ported 14b, connecticut 93 octane, 17psi, grossly slipping clutch, seats out

not bad eh? :thumb:

high 12's??? NO WAY MAN!

it would have beeen WAY faster.

duct taping the A-pillar is at least 100whp with a 14b style setup. Combine that with the added weight reduction from plastic to tape, along with improved cockpit/cabin aerodynamic flow properties...and were talking, with the RIGHT DRIVER of course,(moi) low 12's...maybe even a high 11. Dont worry, next time, im duct taping BOTH A-pilllars....

MWAHAHAHAAHA

ForcedNduckshn said:
high 12's??? NO WAY MAN!

it would have beeen WAY faster.

duct taping the A-pillar is at least 100whp with a 14b style setup. Combine that with the added weight reduction from plastic to tape, along with improved cockpit/cabin aerodynamic flow properties...and were talking, with the RIGHT DRIVER of course,(moi) low 12's...maybe even a high 11. Dont worry, next time, im duct taping BOTH A-pilllars....

MWAHAHAHAAHA

hahaah youre a trip.

Thanks Spidey.... make the OH one it will be awesome. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back