The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSM Safety?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontsi01

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2002
Detroit, Michigan
Does anyone feel like their dsm just isnt safe enough. Especially in 1gen dsm's. I have seen car accidents where there is a suv and a car and the car just gets destroyed and the suv isnt that bad. I can't imagine what would happen in I got in an accident with a big suv in my 1g talon. I don't know though, I feel like I should put a roll cage in or something...i dont know, does anyone else feel this way?

Most compact cars will get destroyed by an SUV, think weight and inertia.

i know these cars can handle themselves in minor accidents better then alot of cars from early 90's. we wigh in at over 3000 pounds, compared to a civic/crx/delsol, a light breeze could wreck those things. :laugh:

yah our Cars Arnt very light, but were very low, If we get t-boned by an SUV we can get really messed up.

I can hear just about everything on the road when im in my 1g, so i feel anything but 'sheltered' in the car. Actually, the crash test ratings on the 1gs aren't as terrible as you might think. But it's not a volvo or anything. SUV will shatter any car that's smaller than it into bits, it's just a matter of physics. Just know that you'll fare much better than an SUV if the both of you drive into walls.

It's okay, SUVs don't fare well against Kenworths.

Not much you can do about physics.

If you want to win, run over a motorcycle.

And if you want to feel "safe", stay the hell out of cars. NOTHING else we do in our lives is even half so dangerous as driving. But it's the tradeoff for the convenience. You probably live too far from work (or school) to walk there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back