The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

DSM Road Trip 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meklo_4G63t

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 2, 2007
North Charleston, South_Carolina
Back on topic please . I would like to hear from atleast 10 members that will want to go so I can start planning deals gap for what ever time of year . Myrtle is great but we do need more people tp go to make it more cost effective , fun , and memorable . Itwas/ is a great I dea but after last year ( 08) we only had 3 dsm's and 12 evo's . This was a far cry of what we used to have back in the day ( 20-30 dsms and evos) .Lets get our thoughts together to making MV worth doing this comming year .

I can assure 6 cars from the area this year. I can tell you that if you need help on Myrtle that Im about the closest to it. Besides hangout areas and places to go are down there. Im not downing the Gap but if there somebody close to check on.

I'm down for for Deal's Gap. This is by far the best road I have ever had the pleasure of driving/riding on. There is just something about it. They don't call it "The Dragon" for nothing. They have other roads in the area that are fun, along with a dam you can drive accross, rivers, a lake, gift shops, hotels close by, and some of the most beautiful views you will ever lay your eyes on.

The other cool thing is I can let Deal's Gap resort and Killboy Photography(among others) know we are coming and they will photograph the event. They take pictures on US 129, daily; however, if they know we are coming they may be able to follow us around a bit.

Also, Killboy has 2 chase vehicles they use for pics and videos; one's a Civic Si and the other is a silver EVO.:D

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

Im down! Myrtle would be easier for me but i guess since its only an hour away it wouldnt be considered a "road trip". Either way im down. Hopefully maybe we can to more than one trip on 2009 so we can get one in sometime in the new year around Feb/March-ish??

errrrr, i just moved from the beach....!!! i do know i will be back for the spring/summer, hopefully my gf will have another dsm by then.

i can totaly be apart of this, and i have a few friends in MB who would love 2 as well. i know there was a meet in greenville sc not to long ago, and had a nice turnout. I can turn some of the people who set that meet up 2 looking into this one, and see how it turns out!

...not to be off topic too much, but has anyone seen the Drop Jaw Mag qinter cruze, with the final stop being in myrtle beach....? this always has a HUGE turnout, but not alot of dsms....we should invade!!!

After my last fun trip with the DSM (timing belt snapped), I'd like to stick as close to home as possible. With that said, I vote for myrtle beach.

Now it seems that people are having split decision on going to the Beach or going to the Tail of the dragon. Im my opinion I would rather go to the beach. I know it might be cold but I can tell you there is alot of big lots to try to have a car show meet or something. cruise the 8 miles of ocean strip and no matter what the weekend brings alot to Myrtle Beach. Im with doing a talley to see who wants to go where. The thing is advertising ahead of time and I know the guy that did it last year but if somebody wants to help out it will be less hassle and better turn outs for both events. I hope to get a response and some ideas on this.

It looks like people are trying to plan both. I'd like to go to both but, with my schedule the way it is, I don't know if it will be possible for me. Going to both the BR DSM Shootout and planning another NC/SC DSM Shootout next year, along with a few other trips that will take up much of my free time next year.

Having been to both places(MB many times), if I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Dragon.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/southeast-dsm-forum/312886-eastcoast-road-trip-tail-dragon.html

It looks like people are trying to plan both. I'd like to go to both but, with my schedule the way it is, I don't know if it will be possible for me. Going to both the BR DSM Shootout and planning another NC/SC DSM Shootout next year, along with a few other trips that will take up much of my free time next year.

Having been to both places(MB many times), if I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Dragon.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/southeast-dsm-forum/312886-eastcoast-road-trip-tail-dragon.html

Yeah Im planing to go the BR shootout next year too. Im working on getting a head together to put on my car and work out the transmission problems. I would like to see my little stock motor do better especially modified. I have rear end and transmission problems that were working out. So were looking for a better run

Yeah Im planing to go the BR shootout next year too. Im working on getting a head together to put on my car and work out the transmission problems. I would like to see my little stock motor do better especially modified. I have rear end and transmission problems that were working out. So were looking for a better run

Sounds good, man. The only thing I have planned for the Talon is more tuning, put on the 1g TB, port match it to the IM, and hopefully the Punishment Racing SRIC.

...not to be off topic too much, but has anyone seen the Drop Jaw Mag qinter cruze, with the final stop being in myrtle beach....? this always has a HUGE turnout, but not alot of dsms....we should invade!!!

the raod trip myslef and 1bad420a have set up the past few years has been based around the rice fun, if you dont mind the random is that ting turbo nd let me hear ya poosh then its not all too bad.
Back on topic please . I would like to hear from atleast 10 members that will want to go so I can start planning deals gap for what ever time of year . Myrtle is great but we do need more people tp go to make it more cost effective , fun , and memorable . Itwas/ is a great I dea but after last year ( 08) we only had 3 dsm's and 12 evo's . This was a far cry of what we used to have back in the day ( 20-30 dsms and evos) .Lets get our thoughts together to making MV worth doing this comming year .

I can assure 6 cars from the area this year. I can tell you that if you need help on Myrtle that Im about the closest to it. Besides hangout areas and places to go are down there. Im not downing the Gap but if there somebody close to check on.

i was just in nmb last week and it got me thinking i need to get some helplanning this trip so seeing as your close that would be awesome if you could help us out

i think a road trip to the BR shootout would be sick. like 20 or more dsms all the way up 77 to ohio. i went 2 years ago and it was AMAZING! plus its like 15 mins from my hometown. But im down with all of the trips. the more the better. we have 52 weekends in 09 and i need to start filling them up haha

i was just in nmb last week and it got me thinking i need to get some helplanning this trip so seeing as your close that would be awesome if you could help us out[/QUOTE]

Yeah do yall have a particular month yall want to do this so i can make phone calls. for yall who want to stay that weekend i can see if u can get a group rate.

I live in Myrtle Beach and i am always down for a meet here. I don't have my GSX anymore, i have a 2006 Evo MR, i've had it for almost 3 yrs now. Ill keep my eye on this thread. Once things get figured out a little more, let me know if i can help in anyway. Also i don't know if you guys know but there is an Autox Event here Nov 15th. at Myrtle Beach Speedway and also Dec. 6th & 7th at Hard Rock Park. The pavement at MB Speedway kinda sucks but Hard Rock Park is real nice. They had a 2 day event last year too, it was a lot of fun.

I live in Myrtle Beach and i am always down for a meet here. I don't have my GSX anymore, i have a 2006 Evo MR, i've had it for almost 3 yrs now. Ill keep my eye on this thread. Once things get figured out a little more, let me know if i can help in anyway. Also i don't know if you guys know but there is an Autox Event here Nov 15th. at Myrtle Beach Speedway and also Dec. 6th & 7th at Hard Rock Park. The pavement at MB Speedway kinda sucks but Hard Rock Park is real nice. They had a 2 day event last year too, it was a lot of fun.

Yeah my neighbor is going to that so im thinking about coming up. Im trying to get group rate for some people that are coming from outta town. What u think about see if Hard Rock can do the same for us.

they use the speedway for drifting events alot...im glad 2 see that the autoX is comming back, maybe my friend will bring out the lotus :D

I was not Trying to makepeople choose between the 2 ( deals gap , MB ) , seeing I had been doing Myrtle since it started way back when ! We usualy did invade but never wanted to be " part of the drop jaw scene , it was never our " thing " . I will be at both this comming year , Myrtle and the Dragon , and hopefully at the other locations once they are set up .

yea, drop jaw is totally not something u see DSMs at....but it would be pretty cool 2 see alot of very clean, powerful DSMs show up

...and going to both MB and NC would be amazing!!

I live on 60 acres..About 5 miles from NMB..ill host this event..

Plenty of farmland to do mods on...plenty of parking..plenty of nearby shops

And there is a 1/8th miles track 7 miles away..we could probably ren it the whole day

can we go to ## gmas house and get taco bell 2?!?! haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back