The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Dsm road side emergency bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
So today I started to prepare my dsm road side energency bag for the shootout. Mine consists of a small portable tool kit some zip ties extra belts some hoses some good old duct tape and a few intercooler couplers. So I'm curious to see what you guys/girls are packing to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Haha i think Thats Everyones first thought when they think about road trips and their DSMs LOL

Great thing about tool kits for our cars, they just consist of a bunch of 12mm wrenches and sockets! Haha...oh and a hammer ;)

Fuses (one of every type car uses), universal wrench, a bit of extra wire, multi-tool, socket wrench with sockets for all my hose clamps, bottle of water, vinyl mat, jumper cables, electrical tape, fix-a-flat, jack, and a portable jump starter.

My roadside tool kit is non existent. I have no doubt in my mind that my car will make it there and back with no issues. If you are worried about your car breaking down maybe you shouldnt be driving it there. You should consider doing better preventative maintenance and use quality parts when working on your car.

My roadside tool kit is non existent. I have no doubt in my mind that my car will make it there and back with no issues. If you are worried about your car breaking down maybe you shouldnt be driving it there. You should consider doing better preventative maintenance and use quality parts when working on your car.

Debbie downer over here! Be sure you take your spare tire and tire iron out since your so confident LOL

My kit:
AAA
10mm wrench + socket
12mm wrench + socket
13mm wrench + socket
14mm wrench + socket
wire
zip ties
hose clamps
flat tip
phillips
plyers/multi tool
fuses
4x spark plugs
oil
water
jumper cables

Way to be a killjoy on the thread. . .

I keep my toolbox in the trunk. At one point I kept a spare engine harness too, but thats a different story.

Debbie downer over here! Be sure you take your spare tire and tire iron out since your so confident LOL

Lol not trying to bring the thread down. Just saying you should have confidence in your car before you take it on a long trip. As for the spare tire don't worry, I took that out a long time ago. It wouldn't fit over my brembos anyways.

Think of it as "sh1t happens" prepardness. No matter how confident you are in your car, sh1t can still happen.

My roadside tool kit consists of: (2) metric socket sets, (2) rachets, metric wrench set, screwdriver set, flashlight, wire cutters, needle nose pliers, zip ties, electrical tape, a box cutter, jumper cables, and a tow strap. My most commonly used tool of all of it is the flash light. :)

For a drive to the shootout, I'd bring the above tools along with a set of accessory belts, some fluids, and some means to read and clear CEL codes. Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

12mm, 10mm, a jar of 1000 zipties, and a bottle of liquor.

If I were going to the shoot out which I wont make it due to the Navy and my car not being ready yet :(. Id bring a metric wrench set and sockets 2 ratchets which happen to be in the car already. Fluids, extra oil some belts, jumper cables, pipe couplers, Agree on some device to read and clears CELs im sure theres a few more things i could think of OH yea as stated by others before AAA card LOL. Oh and Jmonet1620 as stated always be prepared even if you have faith in your car. I had the same thought with my GST I had didnt have jack with me and she decided to break down. Luckly there was a near by advanced auto and a cop pulled up and took me there so i could get some tools and parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back