The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Dsm purity

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxtacy said:
(2g Eclipse- .029 drag coeffecient is one of the slickest cars on the road)

Is it really that low? That's a good cd, almost as low as a Prius and those things were built around having the lowest cd possible. Funny it doesn't really show on my highway gas mileage...:cry:

turbo2g111 said:
...I mean, if it were all about looks, nobody would be driving 1gs ( :D I am completely kidding, but I had to stick that in there). ...

I thought they were ugly too, but now my view has changed and i hope to get one sometime. Even though my car is stock and N/T, I still respect and take pride in my car.

-Philip :talon:

MyBeatGSX said:
my highway gas mileage...:cry:
Hehe. I was actually thinking about the drag on my way back to Phoenix from LA this past weekend as I was passing the 200 mile mark on the first quarter tank of gas. I got gas in Redlands, CA Sunday afternoon and even now, two days after driving to and from work, I still have a quarter tank left! :)

There is something magical about turning that key in the morning and knowing that Mitsubishi didn't build the engine purring under the hood. Dodge didn't make it either. I built it.

I appreciate seeing all those people who think this is a cool idea and to those who laughed at it, Mr. TSKLME ELMO (;)), it's all good. Your car is sinister and one of those examples that inspire others to build evil sleepers. Nothing wrong with a DSMer taking pride in what he's got, is there? Show others the respect you would want to get and don't sweat it when someone clowns you. Ain't no thang, na'm sayin'? :cool:

1glaserturbo said:
My new background, thank you!

My new background as well.

Rahdigga8188 said:
I just read this post for the first time and i think this was the most out of the blue hilarious things i have seen. this statement made my day:thumb:

I couldn't stop laughing at it either.

Great post and great writeup.

I abide by the DSMPurity.

MyBeatGSX said:
:thumb:

You do realize that the majority of other communities view us as stuck up, arrogant, pricks right? And I'm sad to admit that its the truth for the vast majority of idiots in my area. Everyone lost (or more likely never had) the attitude you do. But like you said, give it 5 or 10 years and we'll see who's left.

Have you ever talked to a Supra guy or an STI guy, very community is stuck up. I have a DSM and even EVO guys talk shit.

thegchild04 said:
Have you ever talked to a Supra guy or an STI guy, very community is stuck up. I have a DSM and even EVO guys talk shit.

hahah...

the ONLY time i talk shit to ANYONE is if they have it coming to them...and even then its like a rare instance when i do it...but i guess it all depends on your definition of "shit talking" is...

U-N-I-T-Y for all DSM's..!:dsm:

thegchild04 said:
Have you ever talked to a Supra guy or an STI guy, every community is stuck up. I have a DSM and even EVO guys talk shit.
You're absolutely right. In fact Supra owners are probably the biggest group of arrogant, cocky, shit talkers out there (but can you blame a group that probably averages 600hp in their cars), followed closely by Evo owners and WRX people.

But just because everyone else is like that, why do we have to be like that? Do we have some of the fastest cars on the road? Yes. Does that mean we have to treat everyone else as inferior? Not at all. What happened to respect for all car people? Yea we're DSMers, but we're also a part of the bigger tuning community and that includes the muscle guys, domestic compacts, show car people, etc.

Whether you like it or not, if you're driving a DSM you represent the rest of us to the public. Don't make us all look stupid just because you want to be a dumbass.

I think for the most part, DSM people are very nice and helpful people. The majority of people on this board demostrate that. But this is an opinion that I formed AFTER joining this board. Previous to this I HATED (like really truely hated) DSM people and even when as far as to despise the cars themselves. But these comments are mostly refering to my local group of DSMers, that are such stuck up, cocky assholes, they don't even like new DSMers. They act and talk like they run the world and they have no right to. Especially with my background in the Honda community, I know how much DSMers like to shit on everyone else, even the ones with ghetto hacked slow cars (which is a lot of my local people).

I found this DSM purity very neat. As a decade owner of lots of DSMs I have seen them go to shit. I mean after 2000 every 16-18 kid that could scrounge $1500 bought one, then ruined-wrecked-TRIED to modifiy the large majority of DSMs. Tunning has been replaced by bolts ons.

I just got my internet hooked up and having been looking at every single picture that is in the archive file and I can seriously admit that 90% of the cars on there look like shit, and I can bet they don't drive/run much better. A picture is worth 10,000 words, (it wouldn't hurt if some of you could take a decent picture). I mean look at cars like Shep's or Rizzoti's, look good, run good.

What is wrong with the DSM purity policy. I respect a 13.8 car more that looks good compared to a hacked up sprayed caned 11.50 car.

ALL of my DSMs have looked as good as they have ran. We don't have to be TASOs, but we could start to take a little pride in our cars, especially as they are getting older.

Later Dr Turbo

I found this DSM purity very neat. As a decade owner of lots of DSMs I have seen them go to shit. I mean after 2000 every 16-18 kid that could scrounge $1500 bought one, then ruined-wrecked-TRIED to modifiy the large majority of DSMs. Tunning has been replaced by bolts ons.

I just got my internet hooked up and having been looking at every single picture that is in the archive file and I can seriously admit that 90% of the cars on there look like shit, and I can bet they don't drive/run much better. A picture is worth 10,000 words, (it wouldn't hurt if some of you could take a decent picture). I mean look at cars like Shep's or Rizzoti's, look good, run good.

What is wrong with the DSM purity policy. I respect a 13.8 car more that looks good compared to a hacked up sprayed caned 11.50 car.

ALL of my DSMs have looked as good as they have ran. We don't have to be TASOs, but we could start to take a little pride in our cars, especially as they are getting older.

Later Dr Turbo

I agree with you to a certain extent. As much as I love a clean and well taken care of DSM, I respect ANYTHING that is fast. If I pull up next to a POS honda and get blown away, I dont trash talk, I give the person and car the respect they deserve. No matter how ugly or rusted out the car is.

DR1665.... i give you credit. I think it is very creative and i respect that.

I liked it, respect and and probably going to get this framed. :)

"I agree with you to a certain extent. As much as I love a clean and well taken care of DSM, I respect ANYTHING that is fast. If I pull up next to a POS honda and get blown away, I dont trash talk, I give the person and car the respect they deserve. No matter how ugly or rusted out the car is."

Well that is kinda the problem, I wasn't raised to like shitty cars. A fast rusted Honda is just as queer as a 10.5 big slicked rusted no interior Nova. If you want my respect better come clean and fast. I could have always made my cars FASTER at the expspense of building a turd, but no matter how much you polish that turd, it is still a turd.

Later Dr Turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back