The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Dsm purity

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

un4givin68

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I did a search and didn't see anything so I hope this is no a repost. I found this and thought you guys might like it.

Attachments

• 1160716031_l.jpg
    1160716031_l.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 680
Umm, I dont mean to be THAT guy, but I hope a woman wrote that.

Hey there he is, I missed your witty comments 4BangeR, I thought you had died. Nice to have you back.

Dangit, I should've payed attention in English class.

No i dont have the orginal i found it online. As far as who wrote it i have not a clue.

i believe the great william shakespeare said that in his most popular story romeo and dsm :D

Who ever wrote that must not own a DSM LOL

They forgot to metion, when its not broken,rusting,eating transmissons,over heating,boostleaking, rusted shock towers,cam angle senor isnt bad,coilpacks working right etc

He forgot to mention that part....

You guys can clown me all you want, but I made up the whole DSMpurity thing. I catch a lot of hell for it too. The original is hosted here.

DSMpurity is all my doing and I'm actually proud of it. The gist of the thing is being mature, helping your fellow DSMers out and being a positive reflection of the DSM community when you're out on the street. Our motto has always been "Go fast with class," but there seems to be more and more people trying to change that to "Go fast for cheap and then bi*** when you blow your shit the eff up." Why? Some of us are losing focus.

Basically, I don't care what the haters have to say about DSMpurity. If you don't think so highly of your DSM and think a Supra is a better platform, then quit wasting your time building a DSM and get started on your other projects. You can be the pinnacle of efficiency with what you're doing right now, but if it's not what you really want to do, then you're not being effective at achieving your ultimate goals.

I've had my Talon over ten years now and I plan on driving her for another decade. Myself, and others like me, will still be driving our DSMs long after most of the poseurs have parted out or traded their cars and moved on to other projects that we hope will make them happy. Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I fully plan on being the guy in the neighborhood whose house, all the children run to when the garage door goes up, because they know "There's a real race car in there!"

Haters be damned. I love my DSMs and I love being a part of the DSM community. If you want to laugh at my love of all things DSM and my pride in being a part of this family, then that's your prerogative, but being a DSMer gives me a sense of purpose and pride in something bigger than myself where I get to see the direct results of my efforts at building a machine or helping someone else achieve their goals. Feels good enough to me that I can sit back and smile through it all.

Let the revolution begin.

EDIT:
Left out a word.

I Love my DSM but I also will not lie to my self, the Truth hurts.

Lieing to your self doesnt make it anybetter LOL haha

Im not a cheap DSMer or half ass anything, Im anal and make sure everything is always perfect.

dr1665 said:
You guys can clown me all you want, but I made up the whole DSMpurity thing. I catch a lot of hell for it too. The original is hosted here.

DSMpurity is all my doing and I'm actually proud of it. The gist of the thing is being mature, helping your fellow DSMers out and being a positive reflection of the DSM community when you're out on the street. Our motto has always been "Go fast with class," but there seems to be more and more people trying to change that to "Go fast for cheap and then bi*** when you blow your shit the eff up." Why? Some of us are losing focus.

Basically, I don't care what the haters have to say about DSMpurity. If you don't think so highly of your DSM and think a Supra is a better platform, then quit wasting your time building a DSM and get started on your other projects. You can be the pinnacle of efficiency with what you're doing right now, but if it's not what you really want to do, then you're not being effective at achieving your ultimate goals.

I've had my Talon over ten years now and I plan on driving her for another decade. Myself, and others like me, will still be driving our DSMs long after most of the poseurs have parted out or traded their cars and moved on to other projects that we hope will make them happy. Maybe I'm the odd man out, but I fully plan on being the guy in the neighborhood whose house, all the children run to when the garage door goes up, because they know "There's a real race car in there!"

Haters be damned. I love my DSMs and I love being a part of the DSM community. If you want to laugh at my love of all things DSM and my pride in being a part of this family, then that's your prerogative, but being a DSMer gives me a sense of purpose and pride in something bigger than myself where I get to see the direct results of my efforts at building a machine or helping someone else achieve their goals. Feels good enough to me that I can sit back and smile through it all.

Let the revolution begin.

EDIT:
Left out a word.

Wow I think that was the most deep car related thing I've ever read. Very well said. Its that attitude that makes this community different than any other and people like you that make me proud to be a DSMer too. Nice job.:thumb: I also TOTALLY agree with the need to properly represent the entire community, either on the street or at the track. I'd like to kill every idiot I see acting like a jackass at local meets. You ARE a reflection on the community as a whole, because everyone knows its a community and they group us all together whether you like it or not. I know alot of supposed DSMers that are a complete embarassment to me, even in the local club. Also, we ARE a community, don't act like you're too good for the rest of us because you think your car is the shyt. Then we'll end up like Honda guys, flipping each other off when we pass instead of a wave or a thumbs up.

Although I'll admit that poem/creed or whatever it is, is just a little bit over the top. My car is my friend, but when it really comes down to it, its just a machine. We're all building fast cars and helping to better educate each other and new people, we aren't saving starving children in Africa or making world peace. That's just my opinion on the matter...

MyBeatGSX said:
Wow I think that was the most deep car related thing I've ever read. Very well said. Its that attitude that makes this community different than any other and people like you that make me proud to be a DSM too. Nice job.:thumb:
Thank you.

MyBeatGSX said:
Although I'll admit that poem/creed or whatever it is, is just a little bit over the top. My car is my friend, but when it really comes down to it, its just a machine. We're all building fast cars and helping to better educate each other and new people, we aren't saving starving children in Africa or making world peace. That's just my opinion on the matter...
That's the thing. You can! Get together with the local DSM guys, find a location and a couple local businesses, then put on a car show with all proceeds going to a charity that helps feed children in Africa or works towards world peace. If you organize it, you get to call it whatever you want. Hell, you could plan out a poker run to Atlantic City or something. Start it with just the DSMers you meet along the way, then open it up to other communities that want in on it.

Anything is possible if you just want it enough.

Four years ago, az2gnt was me and my buddy John. Now we have our own website and more than 60 members. We get together with other local communities - DSM_SW and DesertDiamonds - a couple times a year and have a good time. You don't have to have the fastest DSM or even be the most knowledgeabel DSMer. You just have to want to make something of yourself and your car and be willing to put in the work required to make it a reality. :thumb:

:thumb:

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had that attitude? Or even 10% of that attitude. Even the large number of wishy washy people on this site make my local people look like DSM heros. No one has that level of drive, motivation, or respect for others or the cars. Maybe because too many of them are young (but I'm only 20 so wth?) or maybe because too many are arrogant jackasses.

You do realize that the majority of other communities view us as stuck up, arrogant, pricks right? And I'm sad to admit that its the truth for the vast majority of idiots in my area. Everyone lost (or more likely never had) the attitude you do. But like you said, give it 5 or 10 years and we'll see who's left.

It seems to me, though, that real DSMer's, as opposed to lots of other tuner groups, aren't so much concerned with how their cars look to other people, but how their cars look to themselves. I mean, if it were all about looks, nobody would be driving 1gs ( :D I am completely kidding, but I had to stick that in there). DSMs are, for lack of a better term, a poor man's porsche. They are cars that go fast without costing a lot of money. But, that only happens if the car is worked on by someone who knows what they are doing. Thats why DSMer's have pride in their cars. Its not like a lot of other tuning groups who pay a shop to make their car fast (This is why I have no idea what people talk about at M3 meets, other than, "my car is at the shop being worked on, what should I do?"), or people who buy a car that is already fast. Our cars are our creations. Just like an artist is proud of his work regardless what the rest of the world says, a DSMer is proud of his car because he put the time into it to make it the best he can with the money he has. He is proud of it, and really doesn't care what the rest of the world thinks about it. :talon:

Yeah tell me about it, me and my buddy went up to streets of wood feild big hang out spot.

There was a ton of Bimmers,S4s, Vdubs etc

Apperently the large front mount ment nothing to them but they really feel in love with my buddys big break kit. They kept going on and on about how nice it looks behind the wheels.

I mean they really cared about the LOOK of the car, they didnt even ask about performance.

They were just impressed with how it looked, blah blah you know what they were CLASSY RICERS LOL

Hey B-

I liked the Purity thing. Matter of fact it showed up on a local board a few days ago and we all conversated on it.

It pretty much sums up the dreams of the DSM enthusiasts, but alas the world is not perfect.

I will hang out and associate with any DSM owner that will LEARN all he can about his own car, AND whatever gaudy rediculous mods he decides to do is the representation of HIMSELF.

I absolutely love the aerodynamic shape of 2g's, I love the plain-janeness of a 1991 Plymouth Laser RS AWD, when people start adding altezza's, and underglow kits, and Autozone muffler tips I dislike how stereotyped our hobby is.

I was reading a Car and Driver yesterday and happened upon the 2006 Road Test Section....

There were only a handful of new cars that could outrun my 98 GSX, and they all cost
2-3 times what a 1998 Eclipse GSX cost NEW...so I feel no shame.

Most were TopEnd Mercedes, Zo6 Corvettes', the Viper, Porche 911 Turbo ect....

So in the end......my car is MY R34 GTR that I will never afford/own.

Ohh and dirty paint reduces my drag coef....so I always wash before cruising.
(2g Eclipse- .029 drag coeffecient is one of the slickest cars on the road)

:dsm: :talon: :laser: :sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back