The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM OG's!!!!! Who bought a DSM during original production years, and was it new?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First DSM I worked on was a white 90 TSI AWD with cloth and a Sunroof in June of 1990. We ordered an HKS exhaust and off road pipe, all in the same HKS exhaust box from Japan. With a sticker for the cars window that said 93 fuel recommended. A K&N filter and a Horgen boost controller. Clutch eventually slipped. We thought it was the viscous or trans. Dealer didn't know either. On a Vericom -200 it ran 13.3 at 101. I knew the DSMs were so far ahead of their time. Was heavily into V-8s. Wanted a DSM especially after Turbo Magazine did a huge spread on the original FWD and AWD models. Whole background of the DSM trio. Then another article on the "HKS" built DSMs.
Met Dave Buschur in 91-92 range. He was just getting going with his side business of parts. I was to buy a 92 TSI AWD. But bought a 91 GMC Syclone new. Which I still own today with 3400 miles. The dealer did order me a 93 TSI AWD in Quartz. I looked at the same car all winter on their lot from late Sept till May of 93 when I bought it. Among many other new TSi that I test drove but never this car. Paid $19,800 which was more than I paid for the Syclone. Don't have the original sticker. Let it go with the car that Dave sold to a guy in Aruba. I had a 90 Laser turbo as a beater. Then bought the copper Durango GSX in Dec of 95. Kept it till 2004 and sold it to Dave B with 18,000 miles. Nick at Buschurs owns it now with less than 25,000 miles. And has the laminated original window sticker and all the magazine articles that were plaqued.
Have had a dozen DSMs over the years. Plus an orig 36k mile Galant VR4. Sold that in 2005 to buy another EVO. Also have an 89 Conquest I put a 4g63 in.
Kept a 90 TSI AWD from Canada and made it a race car. Had so many leftover DSM parts. Wife says don't you miss having a DSM street car. So I found a 94 TSI AWD from New Mexico with 165k highway miles. Have it running now and use it for transportation. Love it. Its the second 94 TSI I have had like this, same color and options.
I also have three EVOs that I don't street drive. 04 RS, 05 MR and 06 IX RS. All the window stickers are framed. Mileage as of now is 196, 249 and 222 miles. Will be interesting to see how many EVOs survive in the future and what their values will be.

3 evos with less then 250 miles on them!? OMG.. What is your job!? And how can i have it! Lol

I got my 96 in 2000 for like 14.5k... Only 1 owner and the car was mint. I drove and modded it but in 2004 I put it in storage from getting too many tickets and cop harassment in LA... Finally just got it out of storage about a year ago and pissed I didn't do it sooner. I don't think I'll ever part with my dsm ;)

I got my 96 in 2000 for like 14.5k... Only 1 owner and the car was mint. I drove and modded it but in 2004 I put it in storage from getting too many tickets and cop harassment in LA... Finally just got it out of storage about a year ago and pissed I didn't do it sooner. I don't think I'll ever part with my dsm ;)

And now for something completely unrelated.

I bought by 95 GSX for 5000 with 120k on it but in good shape...blew it up and parents made me choose between my car and college (for some dumbass reason i chose school) I bought by 99 GSX last year with 45K miles for 9000

First DSM I worked on was a white 90 TSI AWD with cloth and a Sunroof in June of 1990. We ordered an HKS exhaust and off road pipe, all in the same HKS exhaust box from Japan. With a sticker for the cars window that said 93 fuel recommended. A K&N filter and a Horgen boost controller. Clutch eventually slipped. We thought it was the viscous or trans. Dealer didn't know either. On a Vericom -200 it ran 13.3 at 101. I knew the DSMs were so far ahead of their time. Was heavily into V-8s. Wanted a DSM especially after Turbo Magazine did a huge spread on the original FWD and AWD models. Whole background of the DSM trio. Then another article on the "HKS" built DSMs.
Met Dave Buschur in 91-92 range. He was just getting going with his side business of parts. I was to buy a 92 TSI AWD. But bought a 91 GMC Syclone new. Which I still own today with 3400 miles. The dealer did order me a 93 TSI AWD in Quartz. I looked at the same car all winter on their lot from late Sept till May of 93 when I bought it. Among many other new TSi that I test drove but never this car. Paid $19,800 which was more than I paid for the Syclone. Don't have the original sticker. Let it go with the car that Dave sold to a guy in Aruba. I had a 90 Laser turbo as a beater. Then bought the copper Durango GSX in Dec of 95. Kept it till 2004 and sold it to Dave B with 18,000 miles. Nick at Buschurs owns it now with less than 25,000 miles. And has the laminated original window sticker and all the magazine articles that were plaqued.
Have had a dozen DSMs over the years. Plus an orig 36k mile Galant VR4. Sold that in 2005 to buy another EVO. Also have an 89 Conquest I put a 4g63 in.
Kept a 90 TSI AWD from Canada and made it a race car. Had so many leftover DSM parts. Wife says don't you miss having a DSM street car. So I found a 94 TSI AWD from New Mexico with 165k highway miles. Have it running now and use it for transportation. Love it. Its the second 94 TSI I have had like this, same color and options.
I also have three EVOs that I don't street drive. 04 RS, 05 MR and 06 IX RS. All the window stickers are framed. Mileage as of now is 196, 249 and 222 miles. Will be interesting to see how many EVOs survive in the future and what their values will be.

That is an awesome story!! Its storys like this that made me want to start this thread. I had a subscription to Turbo mag in the early 90's and remember reading those articles. It was also Turbo mag that introduced me to Buschur Racing which I think was called Alamo Autosports then? Its funny thinking about that article as it talked about Dave's accomplishments of breaking into the 12's and his future plans to get into the 11's! Haha! One of my favorite magazines!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back