The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

DSM Magazines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i'In the latest issue, they say there doing a full out DSM issue soon. So m looking forward to that.

A magazine makes its money and pays the bills selling Ad space. The Ad space for a DSM Mag would all be Rims and Tires and the same China Exhaust Manifold with 50 different companies putting a name on it.

you take a GSX and build the 4G63 and you got an EVO.

yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree, a built motor on a dsm is not going to put the cars in the same class.

It's not about what platform is more popular. That is not the issue here. The issue is that DSMer's don't build their cars to the level that most Honda guys do, therefore DSM's don't receive the attention. To give credit where credit is due then look at the DSM's who have been in a magazine-- very few. MLopez, the gunmetal Talon in Canada, the red 1g with the Shearer parts on it, and I guess Gixxerdrew is going to be in a magazine soon. Their cars are magazine worthy. If there were more cars like Drew's and Mario's then I'm sure the magazines would feature them, but there aren't.

i see where your coming from but i still dont neccesarily agree with you, when you are driving down the street, how many "tuner" hondas do you see compared to dsm's.. when you go to a car meet/show, how many acuras/hondas do you see? i would say a really good majority of these cars are honda/acura.. those cars are easy to modify, and parts are cheaper than most other parts for different makes.. i dont really see how dsm'rs dont build their cars to the levels that honda owners have built their cars unless im just taking what youve said the wrong way.

so if your going to make a magazine about show cars and sometimes actually building cars, who do you want to be your target?

Most of the tuner magazines are not worth buying anymore IMO. I had a subscription to SCC for 2 years, but cancelled it before 07 because it just wasn't worth reading anymore. The magazines are half the size they were in 03 and 04, but still have twice the advertisements. A 120 page magazine with 75 pages of greddy and stillen ads isn't worth whatever you pay for it, like 6 bucks with subscription. Instead of having admirable, homebrewed project cars, its all newer, expensive cars that the owner drops off at a shop, pays 15k and picks it up in a month without lifting a finger. The articles are pretty boring too, much less about travelling the world looking for car events and culture, just about reviewing new cars that come out.

I wish there was a magazine that focused more on budget tuner cars (like 90-99 dsms) all these ones I see on the news stand talking about how you should buy yourself a Nissan 370Z and then upgrade it with a $4500 twin turbo kit, $900 exhaust, and a $2000 suspension upgrade... I mean c'mon that's not very realistic for most people.

i see where your coming from but i still dont neccesarily agree with you, when you are driving down the street, how many "tuner" hondas do you see compared to dsm's.. when you go to a car meet/show, how many acuras/hondas do you see? i would say a really good majority of these cars are honda/acura.. those cars are easy to modify, and parts are cheaper than most other parts for different makes.. i dont really see how dsm'rs dont build their cars to the levels that honda owners have built their cars unless im just taking what youve said the wrong way.

so if your going to make a magazine about show cars and sometimes actually building cars, who do you want to be your target?

Damn...exactly what I was thinking.

actually for those of us on iphones this site runs perfect on them.....except the typical slowness of the site....but I view and post frequently from my phone! And yes just about every question imaginable has been answered on this site somewhere at least 3 times LOL

LOL I'm actually using my iPhone to post on here too LOL.
I actually still have all my mags that featured DSM's. Always loved DSM's even thought I came from old school Toyota's and Honda's

Now I just have to buy a turbo DSM hehe. Still love my NA 2G hehe

I still have my old copy of Car Craft that had a feature on Sheps car when it was running 9's. That article is what made me take a more serious look at DSM's.

Most of the tuner magazines are not worth buying anymore IMO. I had a subscription to SCC for 2 years, but cancelled it before 07 because it just wasn't worth reading anymore. The magazines are half the size they were in 03 and 04, but still have twice the advertisements. A 120 page magazine with 75 pages of greddy and stillen ads isn't worth whatever you pay for it, like 6 bucks with subscription. Instead of having admirable, homebrewed project cars, its all newer, expensive cars that the owner drops off at a shop, pays 15k and picks it up in a month without lifting a finger. The articles are pretty boring too, much less about travelling the world looking for car events and culture, just about reviewing new cars that come out.

Agree.

I think it's a good thing that the hondas are so popular that they take all of the attention. That way they are always in the sight of everyone even local authority. Most of the people don't even know that DSMs are fast and we are getting pull over every other day,.:D

Here are some magazine and or books some of you mite not know are out there hope this helps:thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

wow where can i get those books?? e-bay, amazon, would a dsm speed shop be able to order them.. I see all sorts of those books for other car makes, but I never thought they would make them for us..very cool..

I would describe the DMS crowd as more sober (not in the intoxicated sense), more serious.

Honda's were cheaper and had more parts available, so they became more popular 'tuner' cars (tuner used vaguely) It's self fulfilling: more popular, thus more common parts, thus more modifications done, and thus even more popular. Magazines tend to follow the trail of money and popular is where there advertizing bugets are most profitable.

I like being part of the DMS crowd, as it feels good to know that I spent less than the person next to me with a brand new sports car and mine will out perform theirs hands down. I like having a subtle car that I can wax and have it look like a sports car or leave dirty so it blends in and makes me less likely to get a ticket.

I also reccomend project car magazine, though it is annoying not being able to subscribe. Though I would certainly subscribe to one, I don't see DSM's becoming popular enough to make a dedicated magazine financially viable.

^what's the "DMS crowd"?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back